Author Topic: Cop fatally shoots woman holding axe.  (Read 2619 times)

Phyphor

• friend
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Cop fatally shoots woman holding axe.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 11:07:09 AM »
Looks like he was retreating until he ran into the other car, and had no other choice but shoot.  He let her get closer to him than I would have.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »
What are the people in the background doing?  Other than standing downrange.

It looks like the background people might be cops.  Or some type of official.  The Explorer looks like it has police markings on it.

As far as the shooting goes, it was a clean shoot.  I agree that the cop could have/should have shot sooner and more than once.  It looks to me like running into the car startled the officer causing him to shoot.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
Sweatt’s daughter Alainna Sweatt says the 40-second video has been edited and doesn’t tell the full story.

Umm... they have some AMAZING editors working for the police department then, because, for the life of me, I can't see how they spliced those videos to leave out the calm and rational discussion she had with the officers before they said they were going to kill her whole family, making her pick up the axe.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:07 AM »
Yeah, the same people who were screaming for cops to have body cams and for them to release the footage of their shootings are now screaming "You shouldn't have released that!!!"  :facepalm:

So, in other words, don't release stuff that hurts our narrative.
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 11:50:19 AM »
What are the people in the background doing?  Other than standing downrange.

It looks like the background people might be cops.  Or some type of official.  The Explorer looks like it has police markings on it.

As far as the shooting goes, it was a clean shoot.  I agree that the cop could have/should have shot sooner and more than once.  It looks to me like running into the car startled the officer causing him to shoot.

From the story, it sounds like the sheriff was serving her with an eviction notice, and she started getting all crazified, so said sheriff requested backup.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 11:52:45 AM »
Love the comments on the youtube feed.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/gallatin/2016/04/07/gallatin-police-release-graphic-video-officer-shooting-woman-ax/82764688/

The story here states she had already injured one officer who then called for back-up.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 11:57:17 AM »
"Sweatt’s daughter Alainna Sweatt says the 40-second video has been edited and doesn’t tell the full story."

Yeah, because EVERYONE knows that the backstory is more than enough to justify charging an armed cop with a frigging axe...  :facepalm:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 12:30:09 PM »
I agree that the cop could have/should have shot sooner and more than once.  It looks to me like running into the car startled the officer causing him to shoot.

Looks to me like he was concerned with the background and held off as long as he possibly could.

Good shooting though.  Getting solid hits while retreating is harder than it looks.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 12:43:33 PM »

I guess a lot of them saw "Lethal Weapon". "Shoot her in the leg!"

She wasn't just approaching him, she was menacing him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »

"That poor woman! Shot just because she wanted to axe the cop something."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 01:58:07 PM »
100% justified.  Would have done the same danged thing my own self.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 03:08:10 PM »
"That poor woman! Shot just because she wanted to axe the cop something."

But she had already axed one cop why did she feel the need to axe another to just get a more definitive response.

;)

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 05:32:55 PM »
But she had already axed one cop why did she feel the need to axe another to just get a more definitive response.

Whatever her reason, she certainly got a definitive response.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 05:44:23 PM »
I can't say I feel sorry for her or her family.

Eviction notices are NOT normally "out-of-the-blue" things.  Most landlords, hell, most rental management companies provide plenty of warning to those they're evicting.  So, it's not like they were really surprised at the sheriff showing up to put them out.

So, what does she do? Gets angry and combative. 

Like it's the police's fault that she's getting kicked out?

She then attacks the cop with what appears to be a wall-hanger of an axe (there were pics on twitter earlier, this thing was kind of a joke but could probably still do some damage,) he tries to get her to drop it (pointing his gun at her,) and she continues. 

Hell, the cop probably should have fired earlier, but at least with this nobody can seriously argue that she didn't force him to shoot her.

I would have done the same.  I don't really see what else he could have done.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 06:10:48 PM »
She then attacks the cop with what appears to be a wall-hanger of an axe (there were pics on twitter earlier, this thing was kind of a joke but could probably still do some damage,) he tries to get her to drop it (pointing his gun at her,) and she continues.

Balance likely sucks, and I doubt it's very sharp, but I'd still class it as a deadly weapon.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 06:49:22 PM »
Balance likely sucks, and I doubt it's very sharp, but I'd still class it as a deadly weapon.

I agree.  You can't tell if they've replaced the blades with 'decent' steel and sharpened it.

For that matter, 'good' steel is necessary if you want an edge to last a few hundred whacks, but considerably lousier steel will still work for a whack or two, and that's all you need to kill somebody.