Author Topic: Cop Car Shootout  (Read 1130 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Cop Car Shootout
« on: July 26, 2016, 09:35:18 PM »
I guess this happened a while back, but i just saw the video at the link below. How the hell did this guy make it into the back of a cop car with a gun still on him? He was apparently under arrest. NSFW language.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/07/26/shock-video-this-one-weird-trick-helped-a-suspect-grab-a-handgun-in-the-back-of-a-cop-car/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Cop Car Shootout
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:29:29 PM »
You would be surprised at how adept criminals have become at hiding weapons

One of my buddies was riding along with the local police dept while he was in college...the officer stopped a car leaving a night club due to warrants issued for the owner...they had 4 guys. Two were arrested for warrants and the other two were going to be let go. My friend was standing near one of these guys...the guy started acting funny and looking around suspiciously...then slid off his shoe discretely...friend walked over to find out why the guy was acting so wierd

He had a .25 concealed in his shoe and was preparing to grab it and use it

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 03:19:05 AM »
From personal experience I can say at least 1 outa 100 roadside searches misses stuff. Talk to the jail officers ask em how much they find on their second search

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 05:05:17 AM »
I remember seeing a video of some guy in that was just put in the back of a police car. After the cop got in the drivers seat you can see him start to pull out a pistol from the front of his pants. Luckily the cop noticed movement so before the guy could do anything the cop got out and got it from him.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

• friends
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »
The jail guys learn which cops are sloppy. They search the guys they bring in extra well.
There is a fine line to walk with being cooperative do they don't view you as a threat.  Do it right you can ditch stuff in cop car while they search your car. Be to cooperative and a veteran cop will alert and search extra hard.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

cordex

• Administrator
Re:
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 10:41:24 AM »
The jail guys learn which cops are sloppy. They search the guys they bring in extra well.
Jail follow up searches are pretty thorough one way or another these days.  Also, if they find contraband on you when you get to the jail they can charge you with trafficking with inmates in addition to whatever else.

Do it right you can ditch stuff in cop car while they search your car.
If the cop searches his car after he transports you (as he is supposed to) then they can still tag you with it.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 11:25:27 AM »

I seriously don't get why he did it. He was getting hit for a relatively minor warrant. He was essentially in the police station. Did he really think he was going to escape? And then what? The cops would forget about a prisoner with a gun escaping custody?

I can understand trying to kill someone trying to kill you. But the officer in question seemed amicable enough. He was alive and unharmed in the back. While we don't always hand out slap on the wrist sentences, why try to kill the cop and best case end up in prison for the rest of your life?

*shrug*

Best explanation I've heard from a couple of cops. Most criminals are too stupid to live an honest life.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »
I seriously don't get why he did it. He was getting hit for a relatively minor warrant. He was essentially in the police station. Did he really think he was going to escape? And then what? The cops would forget about a prisoner with a gun escaping custody?

Perhaps he wasn't looking to use it.  Maybe he was hoping to toss it in the bushes before he got hit for various felony weapon charges such as felon in possession, illegal concealed carry, etc...

• friends
Re: Re:
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 10:11:00 AM »
Jail follow up searches are pretty thorough one way or another these days.  Also, if they find contraband on you when you get to the jail they can charge you with trafficking with inmates in addition to whatever else.
If the cop searches his car after he transports you (as he is supposed to) then they can still tag you with it.
And whereas possession of a joint on the street is a misdemeanor carry that same joint through the sallyport , like let's say in the inside pocket of your go to court suit, it becomes a felony.
Don't ask me how I know :'(