Author Topic: JJ: shoes (from my teen years)  (Read 3080 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
JJ: shoes (from my teen years)
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:48:13 AM »
Seeing as how JJ has such a thing for shoes, I thought he might like to see what was in style when I was in my teens:

Beatle boots. Mine zipped up the back and were a bit taller, and the toes not quite as pointy, but these are close:

Brown suede Beatle boots. I walked from home to downtown Milwaukee (about 20 miles round trip) many times in something like these (although Beatle boots always had the seam down the middle of the front of the boots):

These are close to what the greasers wore. My brothers were big-time greasers, but the next oldest brother dressed with class, with Italian shoes, suits, etc. When we moved to Greendale, WI from Michigan in 1958, he called back to Flint to tell his friends about the kids in WI wearing shoes with lightning bolts on them. (He was referring to the jocks wearing tennis shoes).

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: JJ: shoes (from my teen years)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:13:21 AM »
I'm a little younger than Monkeyleg, not quite 50 yet but close enough to smell it breathing down my neck. But some things never go out of style, at least locally. The way I dressed in the '70s and the way I dress today would be pretty much interchangeable. Boots, jeans, t-shirt in the summer button or pearl snap shirt in cooler weather topped off with a ball cap or straw hat depending on what I'm doing.

Them Eyetalian shoes look pretty spiffy but I don't think they would hold up to well in the wood lot or hog pen.  =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »
Saying I could use a little boost?  I've been thinking of getting a good pair of cowboy boots for going out, seeing as when the wife wears real heels she's 6" taller than me.... Not that I mind striving around with a hot tall woman, but I don't want her to strain her neck to kiss me!  =D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:47:49 AM »
RoadKingLarry, the 70's is when there was the change to jeans and sneakers/gym shoes as fashion. Before that it was the grungy hippie look (army jackets and jeans), dressier hip look (bell bottoms, pattern shirts), prior to that it was greaser, surfer, preppie, Carnaby Street, and a few other looks.

The height disparity could be awkward, JJ, especially when it's in her favor. ;)

I've been wearing cowboy boots for over twenty years, in part because I don't like motorcycle boots but still need the protection, and also because they sort of look like the boots I used to wear with the high heels.

I wore something like these for many years, right up until my late 30's. My wife always said I dressed like a Puerto Rican. I like the way Puerto Rican greasers dressed, though, so I wasn't insulted. ;) The PR greasers in Milwaukee had style. These boots had soles too thin for riding motorcycles, though. I wore out a pair in just a few weeks.

I don't know what it is about Cuban heels, but I've always though they looked cool. They were a staple for greasers in the 60's and later. There's references to them in songs, like Springsteen's "Sandy" ("...the greasers, those boys in their high heels...") and others (Traffic, "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys").

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »
With almost 17 years of marriage underfoot, we're used to it.  Barefoot or in flats she's about 2.5" taller than me.  The hot shoes ramp up the difference by a bit.  Its never been awkward.  Subject of the occasional teasing, but not awkward.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »
With almost 17 years of marriage underfoot, we're used to it.  Barefoot or in flats she's about 2.5" taller than me.  The hot shoes ramp up the difference by a bit.  Its never been awkward.  Subject of the occasional teasing, but not awkward.

Of course not, think about where you get to stare at that point.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 10:00:01 AM »
I'll tell you a story. Take from it what you will, but don't take it as an insult to your wife or to you.

When I did work for GE Medical, one of their marketing big shots was a tall, red-headed woman with very ample breasts. She told a story about having to go to Tokyo for a meeting. She was riding in the subway at rush hour, surrounded by Japanese men, all of whom were short, about her chest height. They'd be jammed up against her because of the crowding, with big smiles on their faces.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
I'll tell you a story. Take from it what you will, but don't take it as an insult to your wife or to you.

When I did work for GE Medical, one of their marketing big shots was a tall, red-headed woman with very ample breasts. She told a story about having to go to Tokyo for a meeting. She was riding in the subway at rush hour, surrounded by Japanese men, all of whom were short, about her chest height. They'd be jammed up against her because of the crowding, with big smiles on their faces.

:lol:

I've taken full advantage of being short.  Of course, it becomes quite obvious if I'm staring at a woman's cleavage when she can see the top of my head in a conversation. >:D
JD

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »
Search youtube for a video about looking at breasts.  There is one where this guy explains the reason behind it perfectly.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
Of course there are advantages to looking down at breasts, too  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »
Of course there are advantages to looking down at breasts, too  >:D

QFT

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 01:36:38 PM »
Up, down, straight on...any angle is good.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 02:02:41 PM »
Looking at those boots with heels makes my back hurt. I bought a pair of Tony Llamas a few weeks ago but got some with the flat roper heel.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 03:24:55 PM »
Just ordered these for the wife for Christmas

>:D
JD

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
Looking at those boots with heels makes my back hurt. I bought a pair of Tony Llamas a few weeks ago but got some with the flat roper heel.

I've been wearing boots with higher-than-normal heels for so many years that my back hurts if I wear shoes with low heels. For a time, in my 30's and even into my 40's, I suspect I was trying to hold on to at least a bit of my youth by wearing high-heeled boots. Now it's just habit, and what my feet and back are accustomed to.

Apropos of almost nothing, I walked into Walgreens this afternoon, and there stood the most beautiful young woman I've seen in many years. Just jaw-droppingly beautiful, with a classically sculpted face, long shiny brunette hair, jeans that looked as though she'd been poured into them, and over-the-knee spike heeled boots. The kind of woman you see maybe once every decade or so. She smiled at me which is something that makes a guy my age  feel good but can also kill him.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »
I got smiled at by several pretty women today. Of course, they were ringing me up at various retail stores.  :lol:
JD

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 08:11:45 AM »
over-the-knee spike heeled boots.

Right after I got out of the Navy I spent most of a year working at a custom leather and boot and shoe repair shop. We had a fairly regular lady customer bring in a pair of knee high leather boots and had us install zippers up the back of them.
I'd guess her to have been about 35, a well maintained 35 at that. I did the work and she was pleased with the results, until she took them home and tried to put them on. She couldn't manage the zippers. Friday night I was working the shop alone and she came back needing help with the boots. I ended up kneeling behind her and zipping up the boots, She bent slightly forward as I zipped her up seemingly to make sure I could see that she was wearing nothing under her very short skirt. I had her come back On Monday morning and I added some nifty little braided leather pulls to the zippers.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 09:26:06 AM »
I had her come back On Monday morning and I added some nifty little braided leather pulls to the zippers.

You could have just had her come back to the shop every time she wanted to put her boots on  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
I had her come back On Monday morning and I added some nifty little braided leather pulls to the zippers.

Did you ask her to bend forward again as you added the leather pulls? ;)

In working with models for decades, I had quite a few leave the dressing room doors open or not even use the dressing rooms, showing off everything. I'm pretty sure it wasn't accidental.

What this has to do with Beatle boots I don't know.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 10:34:22 AM »
Did you ask her to bend forward again as you added the leather pulls? ;)

In working with models for decades, I had quite a few leave the dressing room doors open or not even use the dressing rooms, showing off everything. I'm pretty sure it wasn't accidental.

What this has to do with Beatle boots I don't know.

I don't know but it is a better story. [popcorn]

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »
Easily the most appropriate video for both of these topics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o1SzLtpq0w&ob=av3n

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »
Good song. They almost pull off the 60' retro look, but I can tell they're 2011, as guys in the 60's shaved, unless they were growing out their beards.

The drummer looks like the gang leader in the theater in "A Clockwork Orange". ;)

Here's another video. No Beatle boots, but they are Brits:

video

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
Good song. They almost pull off the 60' retro look, but I can tell they're 2011, as guys in the 60's shaved, unless they were growing out their beards.

The drummer looks like the gang leader in the theater in "A Clockwork Orange". ;)

Here's another video. No Beatle boots, but they are Brits:

video

I'll be in my bunk.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »
I thought the boot of choice in the 70's was Dingo's.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »
I thought the boot of choice in the 70's was Dingo's.

I'm talking 60's, when the Beatles were a group that sang pop songs instead of odes to Lenin.