Author Topic: Dog the Bounty Hunter and the 2nd Amendment  (Read 10316 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Dog the Bounty Hunter and the 2nd Amendment
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
I heard him on the Laura Ingraham radio program this morning.  He swerved into RKBA after noting all the guns criminals carry out west.  I guess criminals use more civilized weapons in the East.  He then went on to say that the founders wanted us to have the right to keep and bear arms, but "Abraham Lincoln and his boys didn't know we'd have AK-47s that can cut a car in half."  (According to memory.) 

Wow, that's a genius, there.  The interview can be heard on her website, but only for subscribers, unfortunately. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter and the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 02:32:38 PM »
.  He then went on to say that the founders wanted us to have the right to keep and bear arms, but "Abraham Lincoln and his boys didn't know we'd have AK-47s that can cut a car in half." 

It would be difficult, if not impossible, to make this up.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »
He is a reformed felon, he can't own one anyway.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:53:20 PM »
Funny, I always envisioned Honest Abe as shotgunner.  Tweed and tea, and all that. Pip, Pip.

As for the Dog, well, that's TV.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 02:35:38 AM »
You could fill the Grand Canyon with what that man doesn't know.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 04:07:00 AM »
Fly, why on earth would you think that???  Abe was a known rifle shooter, growing up in Indiana and Illinois I assume he used shotguns for hunting as well.  He wrote about shooting a bear at the age of 9 (IIRC) while he was living in Southern Indiana.  He shot rifles on the White House lawn during the Civil War.

Tweed?  No, it was in Lincoln's words "a land of pure butternut."  (Butternut, course cloth dyed tan, popular in Kentucky and Indiana at the time he was growing up).  Travelers often wrote that the people (all armed to the eyeballs) all seemed to take on the color of their clothing (from outside labor).

Tea?  Sure, but it did not come from China, but from sassafras, boxberry, wintergreen, etc.

As for Dog's comments, what should be expect? rolleyes
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

auschip

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 05:27:51 AM »
I heard him on the Laura Ingraham radio program this morning.  He swerved into RKBA after noting all the guns criminals carry out west.  I guess criminals use more civilized weapons in the East.  He then went on to say that the founders wanted us to have the right to keep and bear arms, but "Abraham Lincoln and his boys didn't know we'd have AK-47s that can cut a car in half."  (According to memory.) 

Wow, that's a genius, there.  The interview can be heard on her website, but only for subscribers, unfortunately. 

Wait just a second.  You mean to tell me a felon doesn't want individuals to be able to protect themselves?  Well, color me shocked!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 05:56:26 AM »
Isn't he about to get deported to Mexican "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison for bounty hunting there illegally?

You'd think he'd learn about running afoul of laws after his first conviction.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 06:02:39 AM »
Isn't he about to get deported to Mexican "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison for bounty hunting there illegally?

You'd think he'd learn about running afoul of laws after his first conviction.

He was, but the Mexican government has dropped all charges against him. Now he has to fight the charges against him here.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 06:03:19 AM »
What charges does he face here?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 07:49:43 AM »
Guys, it's "reality" television.

Personally, if I was in the business of following folks and dragging them back to some court, I'd NOT have an easily recognizable Mullet From Hell atop my cranium...

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 08:18:39 AM »
I said something mean, but, never mind.  Bogie, all that aside, it's just an hilarious quotation. 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 08:34:23 AM »
What charges does he face here?

US bond remains for TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman after Mexico drops charges
The Associated Press
Published: August 18, 2007

HONOLULU: TV bounty hunter and now best-selling author Duane "Dog" Chapman is upset with a $300,000 (¬222,000) U.S. federal bond that remains in place even though a Mexican judge has dismissed charges against him in the case.

Chapman posted the bond and was freed after being arrested last September as he fought extradition to Mexico. He was charged under Mexican law with "deprivation of liberty" for his 2003 capture of fugitive convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, in Puerto Vallarta.

Intl Herald Tribune
-----------------------------------------------------------

However, this may explain why the bond is still being enforced (whether we agree with it or not)....

Mexican Court Appeals Decision To Close Case Against Duane Dog Chapman, Bounty Hunter

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007

LAWFUEL - The Legal Newswire - The Mexican criminal case against Duane Dog Chapman may not be over yet. Fox News reports that although a Mexican judge has ruled to close the criminal case against bounty hunter and TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman, but state prosecutors have appealed the decision, officials said Thursday.

In the July 27 ruling, Judge Jose Alberto Montes said the statute of limitations has expired on the case, said Guillermo Diaz, assistant prosecutor for the state of Jalisco, where Puerto Vallarta is located.

Chapman was arrested in September by U.S. authorities on a Mexican warrant stemming from his 2003 capture of fugitive convicted rapist and Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster in Puerto Vallarta. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico.

State prosecutors, however, want to continue pursuing Mexico's request to have Chapman extradited, Diaz said. The courts are expected to rule on prosecutors' appeal in coming months.

LawFuel.com
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 08:43:24 AM »
It gets worse.  Not only was he wobbly on The Second, he revealed to Laura that he wears hair extensions.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »
Oh, yeah, that was funny, too.  Well, anybody in TV also wears make-up, so.   laugh

Paddy

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 05:15:37 AM »
Don't diss da dog, dude.  He's had a tough life.

helpless

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 03:37:33 AM »
I love this argument from antis, The founding fathers never envisioned us having this or that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 06:52:25 AM »
Yeah, we have no freedom of speech on this site.  The founders never envisioned computers and the internet. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 07:37:28 AM »
Yeah, we have no freedom of speech on this site.  The founders never envisioned computers and the internet. 

Actually you don't have freedom of speech here because the Founders never envisioned Oleg.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 07:45:39 AM »
Hey it isn't Oleg locking threads; it is Mike.   grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 09:05:52 AM »
Funny, I always envisioned Honest Abe as shotgunner.  Tweed and tea, and all that. Pip, Pip.
I remember hearing a story that when the Army wouldn't buy the newfangled repeaters that had just been introduced (by Spencer?), they staged a demo for Abe and he ordered the military boys to buy some.

They did, and promptly stashed them in a warehouse . . . I guess Abe neglected to order them to issue the rifles.

As for Dog . . . if I were running the State Department, I wouldn't even discuss his case with Mexican authorities until they sent back all the wanted (in the U.S.) criminals they're shielding from extradition.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 11:58:47 AM »
Yet there was a repeating rifle issued to Union troops during the war.  Wasn't there?  The Henry?

I heard "Dog" on the radio again this weekend (he's got a book out) and he endorsed a Hillary/Obama ticket.  I swear I'm not making this up. 

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 12:50:19 AM »
Dog is a mullet-headed redneck that has enough charisma to entertain the lowest common denominator. A scholar and critical thinker he is NOT.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

JWarren

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 03:52:57 AM »
Don't diss da dog, dude.  He's had a tough life.

The person HE murdered didn't exactly have a bed of roses, either.

As I see it, he has ZERO credibility in a 2A discussion.  I've got several guns and somehow I've managed not to kill anyone and be convicted of murder.  Da Dog can't say that.

-- John

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 04:26:56 AM »
Actually you don't have freedom of speech here because the Founders never envisioned Oleg.

+1 on that. police  THR political subforum comes to mind.  Sure, folks got rude to each other, namecalling and all that good stuff.  Not much different than our halls of power, except I think THR folks were being honest to what they believed in their arguments, unlike our congress critter type betters.

As for Mike, polite seems to be part of the mantra he sees as optional.  He comes across as the typeA boss; harsh, rude and always right. rolleyes rolleyes

As for dog, I hope he comes out okay in all this.  I've watched the show once or twice, the operation he runs actually comes across as "fairly" compassionate, not a just some hard*ss out for the buck.  Even though that is what it's about for him financially, he seems to relate to his mealtickets in the sense that he really wants the people to work through their problems, pay their dues, and get back on track with their lives in a productive manner.  Sure, he's like Tred Barta, as in quirky, odd and utterly bumbling sometimes, but his heart really seems to be in the right place for the people he's hoping to detain.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul