Author Topic: Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours  (Read 6311 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
Sadly true. Tell me again why courts automatically presume cops are telling the truth unless you happen to have your own video?

I can only wonder how the cop apologists would spin this dick's crimes as "just trying to make it home to his kids."

Cops have been known to impound said video also.  I sincerely hope the kid was not bluffing out the video being remoted somewhere else.  If he was bluffing, and the cop disabled the video...   The kid might have uh, fallen down some stairs or be violently detained after 'assaulting' the officer. 

I'm rather tempted to look into a car video package with a cell modem my own self.  Definitely be sure to install a decoy recorder and hide the real one very well.

My personal favorite run in with the police was when they wanted to tow my car from my apartment's parking lot because the inspection was expired while I was off on a training thing.  Talking the officer was difficult as I was in the middle of nowhere with poor signal and 155mm arty rounds directly passing overhead.  He was annoyed at me for not taking care of the issue either, and he didn't want to hear my 'sob story' of not being able to leave my post.  My CO called the officer's supervisor and the local distict magnistrate.  Both agreed that the SSCRA trumped some township ordinance regarding vehicles not on the road still requiring a current inspection sticker.  End of story, right?   Na.  I get back from my mission and guess what's missing.  Additionally, my door lock is partially broken.  Almost like someone used a lockgun on it. 

The really amusing thing is I had to go to the station to get fingerprinted the next day, for my DISA TS clearance paperwork.   One of the six cops supervising my fingerprinting recognized me, from back when he was university PD at the my old university.   Something about how someone was monitoring police frequencies, allegedly secured digital trunked radios at that, to provide early warning for when the cops wanted to bust off-campus parties.  Allegedly using a Uniden with something like TrunkSniffer on a very decent laptop.   police

Needless to say, I moved shortly after this whole thing. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2007, 04:23:19 PM »
St. Louis County officers will walk into businesses and TELL THEM THAT THEY HAVE TO put up a "no guns" sign.

Never heard of that.  Do you know where I can find out more about that?  It would explain why EVERY SINGLE BUSINESS around here has a sign. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 07:15:12 AM »
Just ask the business folks where you see the STL County No Guns signs... They won't say "It came in the mail," or "We went down to pick it up." They will say "The police came in and gave it to us and told us we had to put it up."

Blog under construction

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2007, 02:09:43 PM »
Just ask the business folks where you see the STL County No Guns signs... They won't say "It came in the mail," or "We went down to pick it up." They will say "The police came in and gave it to us and told us we had to put it up."

Wouldn't that almost qualify as coercion??
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »
Coercion? It's not a crime. It's just the cops basically making things up as they go along.

Blog under construction

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2007, 04:36:59 AM »

I might sound a little simple for asking, but why are they doing so? 

Mind you, I live in PA.  I've never seen a no guns sign except for federal property and police stations.  The concept is entirely and thankfully foreign to me.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2007, 05:19:32 AM »
Politically, police chiefs, etc., HATE concealed carry... Why? It removes some of their power base. So they do everything they can to derail it.

Generally, veteran cops like it. Newer, freshly indoctrinated cops, however, tend to lean toward the "I'm in charge here, what do you need that for?" bit...

Blog under construction