Author Topic: ugly car  (Read 5607 times)

griz

• friend
ugly car
« on: September 19, 2007, 03:40:32 AM »
What is the ugliest car ever made?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

SkunkApe

• friend
Re: ugly car
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:47:14 AM »
Pontiac Aztek

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:53:38 AM »
Pretty much anything by Citroen.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:55:20 AM »
That would likely be the Aurora, designed by a priest in 1957.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_%281957_automobile%29

But this comes close:

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 04:14:19 AM »

AMC Gremlin

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

mfree

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 04:38:27 AM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 05:06:48 AM »
The Gremlin is beautiful in comparison to its stablemate, the AMC Pacer, aka the Fishtank on Wheels.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 05:11:48 AM »
they are all beautiful to their mommies!

The aztek is particularly "pretty"
neather mini van nor SUV, its a mutt

the suzuki X-90 was a tow headed step child too:
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 05:17:26 AM »
The Gremlin is beautiful in comparison to its stablemate, the AMC Pacer, aka the Fishtank on Wheels.

I think the Pacer is an ugly car also, but the lines on the Gremlin are much sharper and not as rounded as the Pacer, so I think it is uglier. Actually I think most 1970's cars are ugly. Early 80's were bad also with some of the Dodge vehicles, like the AMC engineers stayed on when Chrysler bought them out.

Uranus is a gas giant.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 05:27:14 AM »
I never could figure out the X-90.  It might've been a neat car if they'd not made it so tall.

Chris

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 05:30:30 AM »

Did ya ever notice the Pacer is actually shaped like a lemon?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 05:34:22 AM »
Yet I would drive one if I could:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TexasRifleman

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 05:51:56 AM »
Russian ZIL...not sure of the model.....

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »
For a production car, I find the Edsel to be pretty ugly.  It reeks of design by committee, or perhaps design by corporate big shots.

I once read a book on the genesis of the Ford Taurus.  When Ford got around to the second or third generation, the car with the overly-ovaled theme, the designers were showing the car to the upper managers.  One of the managers liked sharp, rectangular dashboards, and was going to insist that they design one into the car, despite the fact it was at complete odds with the rest of the design.  He had no concept of design integration or holistic aesthetics, but he was willing to put antlers on the hood of a Ferrari if he liked antlers.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 07:05:21 AM »
Some cars that I consider pretty ugly...

You know those Toyota Scion XB's- yeah, pretty ugly. Why, oh why, would one want to drive a box? And the ones that are 'riced out' (we have another word for them around here that I can't use) are pretty wierd

Honda Element. ugly.

Pontiac Aztec: Looks like a retarded Prius trying to be an SUV.

I don't like the Mini Cooper, either...

Oh, and some of the new Fords have pretty fugly front ends. The best Ford body styles are 80's and 90's. Same for Chevy, who should have stuck with the older style body for the S-10. The newer bodies with the curves just aren't as desirable for me.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 07:24:21 AM »
I saw a metalflake burnt oarange Chevy HHR on my short commute home last evening. It had the ersatz "woody" panels/trim on it.

For the two minutes I was behind him I didn't feel so bad driving that damnable PT Cruiser I inherited from my wife as my daily driver. (Sorry Dick, I know your wife loves hers...)

Honestly, whenever I see another PT Cruiser on the road my initial reaction is "Geez, what a tool&"

Then about .5 seconds later I remember I'm driving one.  undecided

I'd rather have an anonymous Nissan/Toyota/Honda sedan any day of the week. I'd buy a new car in a heartbeat except for the fact that PT is paid off, and as I've matured, I now understand that within the bounds of fiscal responsibility, that buying new vehicles, or even pricy used ones is a prospect for the wealthy, not the middle class.

The Aztek is an even greater tragedy, as the initial car show Pontiac crossover concepts that led to the Aztek generated lots of interest, then the abortion you see on the road was what was actually came out of the factory. Although the Aztek bears lots of credit for the new surge of the "crossover" category, as it was at least a huge lesson for everyone else of what not to do...
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 08:02:23 AM »
behold what happens when a Pacer and Scion XB mate

the Fiat Multipla

Uranus is a gas giant.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 09:19:56 AM »
Honda Element. ugly.
'Tis truth.  But it holds more crap than any two Accords.

<--Element Owner
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

sm

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 10:56:36 AM »
-Pacer
-'58 Chevy.
 Now this baffles me, Chevy had the '55, '56, and '57 and what idiot come up with the '58?
-Edsel
Only thing I can think of someone from Edsel was sleeping with a designer from Chevy in '58.
-Earliest Honda's in the 70's.
-Then the VW Beetle "conversions". Remember folks adding Lincoln, Caddy, Benz "like" grills to fronts and rear tire covers to the back end?
-AMC Javalin. Not once do I recall one of these 'muscle cars' winning a street race.
Heck a little old lady in a Rambler could out run one of these things....

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »
-Pacer
-'58 Chevy.
 Now this baffles me, Chevy had the '55, '56, and '57 and what idiot come up with the '58?
-Edsel
Only thing I can think of someone from Edsel was sleeping with a designer from Chevy in '58.
-Earliest Honda's in the 70's.
-Then the VW Beetle "conversions". Remember folks adding Lincoln, Caddy, Benz "like" grills to fronts and rear tire covers to the back end?
-AMC Javalin. Not once do I recall one of these 'muscle cars' winning a street race.
Heck a little old lady in a Rambler could out run one of these things....

You think this is ugly? Whats ugly about it?

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

griz

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 12:28:48 PM »
Here is my vote.  Not so much the particular truck but the idea of tacking plastic bits all over it.  I know some folks thinks it makes the truck look indestructable, but to me it makes it look like a snap together model.

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »
I heard on the radio the other day that the AMC Pacer was voted the ugliest car ever built.  The Gremlin was second.  I don't know what or where the poll was though.

Steve, the 57 Chevy was supposed to be a total redesign, but the factory ran out of time and decided to just dress up the 56 model.  Turned out to be one of the longest lived and desired cars of all time.

My vote: the 1967-69 Thunderbirds.  Looks like it was designed by a committee, and who in the HELL decided a T-Bird needed four doors?  Especially after the Little Birds, the Square Birds, the Bullet Birds, and the Sculpted Birds.  I call them the Ugly Birds.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 12:44:18 PM »
The Aztec is not as ugly as it's twin sister, the Buick Rendezvous.  The Rendezvous is much uglier, just because the very idea of a Buick SUV is abhorrent to nature. 

My Daddy is a Buick man. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
Aw c'mon, NOBODY held a candle to AMC when it came to hideous. I give you proof, the 74 Matador Coupe. You might wanna avert your eyes...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 01:20:04 PM »
Where's the ugly?  It looks sorta lika 2005 Impala. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife