Author Topic: Just picked up my CZ-82 from UPS  (Read 8078 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Just picked up my CZ-82 from UPS
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2007, 04:47:46 PM »
Wooderson, I could give a rat's ass whether you permit me to own a Luger/Mauser/Walther or not.  It ain't your choice, it's mine, even if it was issued during the 3rd Reich.  And I've long since grown above the sophomoric logic that ascribes the evil incarnation of a government to a glorified garden rake. I mean, how on Gawd's name could I stomach typing away on this Chinese-component computer?

Here's some eye candy, doesn't it just scream oppression?  Wonder how many people it capped in the base of the skull, as they were kneeling in front of the trenches they dug themselves?  rolleyes

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2007, 04:54:50 PM »
I could give a rat's ass whether you permit me to own a Luger/Mauser/Walther or not.

Oh for the love of Allah...

You seem to be having an entirely different conversation than me, so have fun.

I would ask one question, you get the last word: why is it so damned important to you that I collect German guns, rather than what I currently collect, which are the arms of the Allies (when I can find/afford them)?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2007, 05:00:17 PM »
Getting you to collect Mausers ain't that important. Matter of fact, that leaves more for me.

What is important is seeing the forest for the trees.

You still haven't gotten back to me on how you can type the self-righteous bit about 3rd Reich firearms on a computer built with decidedly-evil ChiCom components, all the while keeping a supposedly straight face.

Capiche'?  Go chew on that for a bit, and perhaps the light will come on later.   undecided

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »
Why do you own Mosin Nagants then?

II 128,168,000 VICTIMS: THE DEKA-MEGAMURDERERS

4. 61,911,000 Murdered: The Soviet Gulag State
    5. 35,236,000 Murdered: The Communist Chinese Ant Hill
    6. 20,946,000 Murdered: The Nazi Genocide State
    7. 10,214,000 Murdered: The Depraved Nationalist Regime
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE1.HTM
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »
Mosin-Nagants were weapons of the Allies. That is specifically what I enjoy acquiring and shooting.

The predictable Stalin numbers are all good and well - but pretty much irrelevant. I gladly purchase modern German consumer goods (not that the contemporary Chinese are vaguely analgous to the Nazis) and I don't collect Stalinist paraphernalia either.

Again, I don't really see why this is an issue for anyone else. You collect what you like, I collect what I like, we all walk off happy. If you think it's irrational to refuse Nazi paraphernalia in my home - fine and dandy. But it's my home.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2007, 05:42:48 PM »
Again, I don't really see why this is an issue for anyone else. You collect what you like, I collect what I like, we all walk off happy. If you think it's irrational to refuse Nazi paraphernalia in my home - fine and dandy. But it's my home.

If you're collecting stuff for a specific historical purpose (or for any reason for that matter) that's fine, more power to you, enjoy your collection. None of this would have come up and no one would be questioning you if you hadn't made a specific remark about not having firearms used by the Nazis in your home. You brought up the politics. The rest of us were keeping our gun collections and politics separate.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mfree

• friend
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2007, 03:14:04 AM »
Jeez. Leave the guy alone, he doesn't want what he doesn't want. Doesn't affect you at all.

Frankly, I'd be a little creeped out finding out that my mauser was BCD marked and made using death labor. I'd probably still keep it and remind everyone of the story, but damned if it'd ever get shot again.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 04:25:01 AM »
Agreed.
The man doesn't like Nazi stuff, who can blame him.
(though I don't particularly enjoy the gun show creeps specifically purchasing Nazi gear)
Agreed.
I wont be hanging Nazi flags in my home no even if it's historical value said Hitler blew his nose into it every night.
But, even though I kind of hate to admit, I think the Nazis had great style.  Their uniforms were designed by some high rolling tailor or somesuch.  All their tanks, weapons, clothing, and even tactics were all well thought out and designed.  Even though their higher ups were megalomaniac insanites.  It's simply a respect for their ingenuity that makes me want a K98 and maybe a few clip pouches and one of those neat spades, is all.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2007, 04:33:45 AM »
But, even though I kind of hate to admit, I think the Nazis had great style.  Their uniforms were designed by some high rolling tailor or somesuch.

A lot of people have agreed that their uniforms were probably some of the sharpest-looking military uniforms ever designed, and some of the most effective from a psychological standpoint. The cold gray, tailoring and tall boots presented an image of Unquestionable Authority. Lots has been written on the subject.

I still think the ideas that are still being worked over for a redo of the US uniforms is long overdue.
One of them is to change the Army from green to the original Continental Army blue and gray. (I think they might have implemented that one?)

Another is to get rid of the Air Force's 1950's-cut polyester dress uniforms in favor of a revamp of their sharpest ever design, the AAF "chocolate" belted coat, but in blue. Either the WWII style, or the WWI style, called the "Hap Arnold" and "Billy Mitchell" respectively.

Those are both 2006 prototypes, the pictures.

And just as long as they don't bring back the "Ike"...my dad, who is 6'3", has confirmed that it did indeed ride up any time you raised your arms to reach for something, which sucked on a cold day.  grin

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2007, 05:23:09 AM »
Like the one on the left, best.
I just dig the tie and the flared out collar.
Always enjoyed wearing my Army JROTC uniform.  Miss that thing. Sad
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »
Manedwolf, those are experimental uniforms in the pictures - nothing more.

They have to go through the laborious Annual Uniform Board before even getting close to issue status.

I get Air Force Magazine every month, as well as subscribe to Air Force Times.  Those experimental uniforms like the WWI Expeditionary versions on the right get floated out on occasion, only to get put back into the closet of history posthaste.  Much weeping and gnashing of teeth happened when Merrill McPeak introduced the current bus-driver service dress uniform (NOT the 1950's cut - that died as McPeak's current version began issue in the early 1990s).  It'll be a long time before they can come to a consensus on the next iteration, trust me.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2007, 07:30:48 AM »
As for picking on Wooderson, it's because of an obvious and transparent dual standard in his collection habits.

I could care less whether he collects Noisy Magnets, Trapdoors, Arisakas, or Mausers.

However, he's got some big brass ones coming here and saying he won't have any German firearms from WWII when he's buying and using goods from Communist China, and owning evil symbols of Stalin's Pogrom - that definitely smacks of something.

It's an all-or-none proposition - you don't get to cherry pick.  If you do, just don't tell anybody in a forum where they can expose the obvious hypocrisy.   angry

mfree

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »
I dare say, sir, that you are the only one making the big noises about Wooderson's dislike of Nazibilia.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »
Wow.
J&G has Mosins for $100. undecided

The Viking

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »
Wow.
J&G has Mosins for $100. undecided
I wish I could buy one as easily as you guys Sad.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2007, 11:40:46 AM »
J&G has Mosins for $100.

Cool, the C&R paid off yet again -- I got all mine for $40.  laugh Tongue

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »
J&G has Mosins for $100.

Cool, the C&R paid off yet again -- I got all mine for $40.  laugh Tongue
BLARGH NOW I NEED TO BE 21 EVEN FASTER
So that's about a 60% discount?  Wow.  Is that for everything?  I've been trying to find out the percentage on different websites but they don't really have it listed...
C&R is looking more and more tasty. undecided

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »
The price listed at J&G et al. is the C&R order price.

Brownells and Midway don't publish exact percentages, it goes on an item to item basis. Sometimes zero percent, sometimes thirty has been my Midway experience.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »
mbs357 -- Sorry dude, the $40 was because I bought them about 5-6 years ago when they were flooding the market. The payoff I was talking about was the investment value.  Smiley

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »
mbs357 -- Sorry dude, the $40 was because I bought them about 5-6 years ago when they were flooding the market. The payoff I was talking about was the investment value.  Smiley
asdfawef
Way to get my hopes up.
$100 is still great.  From what I can tell they're great rifles.  And I already <3 bolt action.
The price listed at J&G et al. is the C&R order price.

Brownells and Midway don't publish exact percentages, it goes on an item to item basis. Sometimes zero percent, sometimes thirty has been my Midway experience.
Cool for J&G!  By the way, do they just give you discounts on C&R firearms or other things? 

brimic

• friends
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »
Cheapest guns I ever bought:
Romanian M44: $39 at Dunham's
Turk M38: $49 at Dunhams
Swiss K-31 Aim 'cracked stock special': $59 to the door.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Agouti

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2007, 04:53:21 AM »
I could give a rat's ass whether you permit me to own a Luger/Mauser/Walther or not.

What about Swiss Lugers? They actually accepted it first in their military.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2007, 05:10:04 AM »
And wasn't the Hi-Power used by all sides in the conflict?  smiley

Also:

Swiss K-31 Aim 'cracked stock special': $59 to the door.

ARG. It's still the action that would cost $2500 to make today. That'd be a candidate for a custom sporter stock...or a Zf sniper lookalike with the brake and scope, since the originals are beyond rare.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2007, 06:31:48 AM »
ARG. It's still the action that would cost $2500 to make today. That'd be a candidate for a custom sporter stock...or a Zf sniper lookalike with the brake and scope, since the originals are beyond rare.

No cracks in the stock, just a few deep gouges and chips and a mismatched magazine. Probably the best bang for the buck I'll ever spend on a rifle. A good candidate for the 'truckbed liner' tactical stock treatment. This will be the rifle that I do experimeting on if I ever get around to it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2007, 06:43:17 AM »
But almost all K-31s look like that! I was lucky to get a nearly pristine walnut one, no chewing at all on it.