Author Topic: Shot fired!!  (Read 1382 times)

Bob F.

• friend
Shot fired!!
« on: October 10, 2007, 05:12:23 PM »
Had to shoot just now! Couldn't find the cat. He's a great mouser, brings home proof all the time. Fed him in the basement about 1830. Guess he went out with the dogs. 2100 the phone rang while I was in the kitchen (good fluorescent light) Saw movement out of the corner of my eye, danged mouse apparently healthy/ unwounded, scampered across floor in adjoining dining room. Went out and called the cat, right! Went and checked the bed, no cat. Figured he'd get the mouse later. Sat at 'puter a while and watched the Outdoor Channel at the same time. Went back to kitchen and mouse scampered behind waste basket. Time for drastic measures. Loaded a shot shell into the .22 auto pistol (S&W 422). Mousie stick head out from under dogs' water bowl, saw me, ducked back. I stepped behind the fridge, peaked out just a little and in a few seconds mousie stuck head and shoulders out. BANG! Dead mouse at 10 feet, no blood, no damage to house, not even the heavy plastic dog bowl or the cheap asphalt tile. Don't think I'd trust 'em to drop a large rat, though.

Did have glasses on, not sure what the .22 "ratshot" would do. Should have grabbed ears but they were in the basement. Glad it wasn't a forced entry and my .357! Maybe the adrenline would have saved the hearing.

Could have posted on THR but too much of a non-event, no sense of humor over there. Dang, I could have used a wax bullet in the .38! Never though of that, not near as loud but likely more blood!

Oh, the things we do for entertainment!

Stay safe.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Shot fired!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:13:51 PM »
I would tend to use the Crosman pellet gun for that... O_o

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »
With my luck, I would have taken out the coils in the fridge. That's why I use glue traps.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:18:54 PM »
You sliced the pie, cleared the room and neutralized all threats.  Didja have a Surefire hanging off the end of that .22?

That would be waaayyyy tacticool.  laugh

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 06:22:33 PM »
What?!?!

You mean you didn't hit him with a 3-round burst from your silenced MP5k?

Tell me you at *least* duct taped some trauma plates on!!!   grin
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:17 PM »
MP5?  Please.  Real professionals go with the Special Weapons 5.  Poser.  rolleyes
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 03:39:14 AM »
Reminds me of a commercial I saw on TV back in October '77 when I was deer hunting in Iowa . . .

I think it was Slim Pickins (Remember him?) in a shack dressed like a cowboy . . . a rat scurries across the floor and he pulls out his sixgun and starts blasting it.

Multiple gunshots ring out, splinters fly, and the rat gets away.

Slim then turns to the camera and says something like "I don't git as many of them varmints as I used to  . . . that's why I  use DE-CON Rat & Mouse Poison . . . "

Funny as heck . . . and so timely, since we DID have mice in our cabin!  grin

(They just don't make commercials like that any more . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 03:46:49 AM »
Damn, I wish I could get away with shootin' at mice at MY house!  angry

cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 04:56:33 AM »
The only problem I see:  One shot.  I'd have slide locked on him.  What's important is going back to the wife and kids at the end of the snack run.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »
*obligatory mouse gun joke inserted*
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.