Author Topic: New Wolfenstein Coming  (Read 705 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
New Wolfenstein Coming
« on: June 13, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
www.wolfenstein.com

Premise:  The Nazis win WWII.  BJ Blastowicz is somehow in the 1960's, and going to take them on as a global hegemon. 

Looks cool.  Youtube's compulsory ads prior to watching the vid you want to watch actually worked here.  That's like a sub-1% probability with me.  My desktop is 5-6 years old now and my laptop is 3-4 years old so I'm due for a system refresh anyways, but I'm intrigued by the game's premise.  Always lurved me some Wolfenstein.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
Re: New Wolfenstein Coming
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
Looks promising.

. . .   My desktop is 5-6 years old now and my laptop is 3-4 years old so I'm due for a system refresh anyways, but I'm intrigued by the game's premise . . .

I *just* got a new PC two weeks ago to replace my 7 year old Dell, so I now have something which will do justice to the graphics of the new games.  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »
Great.  I had a lot of fun playing those games.  I have fond memmories of walking down the hall way, through that door, down another hall way, into the dead end, back down the other way, down the stairs, through a room, down a hall way, through a door, through a room, down a hall way with a bunch of rooms, up some stairs, across a cat walk, down a hall way, across another room, down a hall way to a dead end, back up the hall way, down the other direction, through a room, through a door...to find myself back where I started in the first place.............Those were the good old days weren't they?  

Maybe that was one of the Doom games I am thinking of.   =D ;)   It seemed like no matter what, I always got to some point where there was some key I was supposed to have to get though a door and no matter how much I back tracked, I had no luck finding it.  I guess you were supposed to get online or find a manual to figure it out. 

I recall a game that came later called Serious Sam that was more fun.  It was pretty much designed to be fun playing with cheats and god mode. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:39:29 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »
Crap.

I still haven't finished playing through Wolfenstein 2009 yet.

Gonna have to get busy...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:45:49 AM »
www.wolfenstein.com

Premise:  The Nazis win WWII.  BJ Blastowicz is somehow in the 1960's, and going to take them on as a global hegemon.  

Looks cool.  Youtube's compulsory ads prior to watching the vid you want to watch actually worked here.  That's like a sub-1% probability with me.  My desktop is 5-6 years old now and my laptop is 3-4 years old so I'm due for a system refresh anyways, but I'm intrigued by the game's premise.  Always lurved me some Wolfenstein.

Will the purple Barney add in still work?

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 03:27:05 PM »
Will the purple Barney add in still work?

I remember seeing Doom add-ons which included Bill Clinton, Janet Reno, and BATmen.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:57 PM »
I'm still working on Mixed Up Mother Goose!

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 12:58:46 AM »
Hell, I just finished replaying Return to Castle Wolfenstein....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 07:55:38 AM »
Hell, I just finished replaying Return to Castle Wolfenstein....
Never finished that one- it actually creeped me out too much. :P
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
I don't think I've seriously played a video game of any sort since about 1993.
Formerly sumpnz