Author Topic: remember the Krazy Kar?  (Read 6700 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
remember the Krazy Kar?
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:34:17 AM »

I am going to build up an adult sized one "for my kids"

grin grin

I just shanghaied a wayward shopping cart and I have a set of plastic wheelchair wheels
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: remember the Krazy Kar?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 09:16:12 AM »
I remember those or something similar from the late 1970's.

I had one of these. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pedal-Car-style-Hot-Seat-70's-Motorcycle-Chopper-Trike_W0QQitemZ220184297528QQcmdZViewItem

I also had another trike call the Lean Machine. You pedaled it but you had to lean to turn.

-C

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 09:17:56 AM »
Ahh yes, the krazy kar.  Klose kousin of the Green Macheene and the Big Wheel.

Shades of youth, pass me by
Exhaling deeply
Pedaling forth
     on a circuitous path
           toward eternity's bosom.

7-11 was a part time job.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 10:53:16 AM »

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:14:48 PM »
ever ride a Swinger bike?
http://www.swingbikerider.com/

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 12:19:18 PM »
I had one, but it was called a "whizz wheel"...

But I also had a "green machine" and it was by far the most superior plastic kids trike toy ever made, bar none.
I promise not to duck.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »
I remember all that crap but I was too big for even the Big Wheel when it first came out. I was too big for Sesame Street too, dammit.  angry

I'm slowly recovering from the various traumas I endured throughout my childhood...  sad

And now, NOW!! to top it all off, I really AM too old to rock and roll but too young to die.  undecided
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »
Swing bike? Those things just look weird... Took a look at the web site, and noticed something - plenty of pictures of bikes. Stationary bikes. Unmoving bikes. Bikes without people sitting on them, with horrified faces as they scream right before eating gravel...

Blog under construction

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 04:29:17 PM »

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 06:54:25 AM »
I've honestly never seen a krazy car, it looks like fun.  I had a Sit-N-Spin that I spent WAY too much time on, and a Big Wheel.

I'm thinking about getting one of my nephews one of these new 2-wheeled skate boards.  He should be able to hurt himself bad enough with one of those to build LOTS of character...

He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 02:07:14 AM »
You guys are silly.  Even back when I was 5 I knew Power Wheels were superior.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 04:02:16 AM »
You guys are silly.  Even back when I was 5 I knew Power Wheels were superior.

There were Power Wheels, but only the girls had them. They moved really, really slowly. Safety, you know, for the children. 5mph max, if that, and I recall a switch that could be set to limit it to 3mph. Plus if the battery needed to charge, no play.

The Big Wheels could go a lot faster, plus they had that lever that grabbed one back wheel and made it do a spinout.   The street scene was often that of a bunch of boys on 80's-media-property Big Wheels (knight rider, G.I Joe, etc) buzzing around and annoying a girl in a Barbie Power Wheels Coupe. We didn't know better. grin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 05:53:50 AM »
There were Power Wheels, but only the girls had them. They moved really, really slowly. Safety, you know, for the children. 5mph max, if that, and I recall a switch that could be set to limit it to 3mph. Plus if the battery needed to charge, no play.

Screw that. I had two customized Bigfoot Power Wheels. We ripped the old batteries out and replaced them with a lawnmower battery. The toys that ya'll mention- Big Wheels, Green machine, etc wouldn't have done too well on grass and dirt-we lived out in the country without pavement.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!