Author Topic: Drunken Idiots...  (Read 5042 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 06:45:38 PM »
Wait a sec...

If you put up boulders or trees or whatnot on your own property, and some drunken idjit smacks his car into them, HE can sue YOU for putting up obstacles in his path???

Surely I'm not reading this right...

Strings

Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 09:02:40 PM »
HTG: I could walk into your house, punch you in the mouth, get my backside handed to me in the ensuing fight, and then sue you for damages. Now, wether or not I'd win... THAT'S a whole other can of worms...

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 10:29:25 PM »
HTG: I could walk into your house, punch you in the mouth, get my backside handed to me in the ensuing fight, and then sue you for damages. Now, wether or not I'd win... THAT'S a whole other can of worms...
Hmmm...strange state you live in Hunter_Rose.  Do that here in Colorado and you're liable to end up fitted for a comfy box in the ground.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Strings

Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »
It's possible that could happen here too. We're talking about the "assuming I live": yes, I COULD bring a lawsuit. Doesn't mean I would win...

mgdavis

• friend
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 08:28:53 AM »
This thread brings to mind the tale of a would-be burglar I heard. Seems he was attempting to gain access to the domicile of an elderly lady via the roof. While up there, the goblin managed to fall through a skylight over the kitchen, and on the way down was impaled by a kitchen knife which had been sitting on the counter. He survived the fall and wound, and subsequently sued his intended victim, and won.
______

I have no confirmation for this story. I cannot remember where I heard it. It was however, presented to me as a true story.

InfidelSerf

• friend
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 05:31:09 PM »
Might check and see if they have such a law in Texas. Of course, big timber is to the Northwest what oil is to Texas, so we care a little more, but take a look.
He did have oil spilled on his driveway. Perhaps there are laws in TX protecting the precious oil from being wasted Smiley
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

grampster

• friend
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 05:38:04 PM »
Cat's,
You must have been reading the "Autobiography and the Wit and Wisdom of Grampster" to be so engrossed that you missed all the fun.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 07:57:44 PM »
When I was a kid in California, we knew a family whose house was at the wrong edge of a curve at the bottom of a big hill.  They had TWO drunks in two incidents crash into the house before the dad of the family got Fed Up[tm].

He also got serious: drilled 10ft holes every five feet, planted 14ft sections of old telephone pole in each, set in concrete.  They leaned out at a slight angle.

The next drunk that came along died on that barrier.  The family of the deceased tried to sue and was thrown out of court.

CatsDieNow

• friend
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 03:46:26 AM »
I'd love to install a barrier, but remember I live in a big city.  We got some way-left folks in this town, especially in gov't.  Fort Worth is really quite anti-gun, just like Dallas, fortunatly the citzenry isn't.  I expecpt that anything more conspicouous than a large rock would somehow be discriminating against poor people or racist.  

If I still lived on the farm, it'd already be there.  Here, I just don't have the time or inclination to go to court, even if their lawsuit is groundless.

Grampster, actually I was reading "Howl's Moving Castle" because I just got the DVD.

Sawdust

• friend
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 07:10:46 AM »
Google rec.woodworking on "mailbox baseball" for a fun read regarding everything that you want to know about building barriers at the front of your property.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
Wait, wait a tick.  Dallas is anti-gun???
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

CatsDieNow

• friend
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 08:25:45 AM »
El T,  I will assume you are being facetious.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Drunken Idiots...
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »
No, not really.  In what way are they anti-gun?  

The hot air from the empty headed mayoress down there?  Something substantive that they have done, are doing?

Just curious as I have some bidness down there in July, sorry for the thread swing.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.