Author Topic: I love the liberal mindset  (Read 4943 times)

crt360

• friend
I love the liberal mindset
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 11:51:27 AM »
I wonder where they thought the baby cows came from, or even worse, the baby bulls.
For entertainment purposes only.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »
Just this year, 2006, National Western Stockshow --

Person walking through the stock area asked my wife how exactly we got milk from that 'cow'.

My wife explained that it was a bull and they could tell by looking for the testicles hanging there in the back.

Next question stopped all conversation in the area....

"Is that where the milk comes from?"

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 01:10:01 PM »
Quote from: Stetson
Just this year, 2006, National Western Stockshow --

Person walking through the stock area asked my wife how exactly we got milk from that 'cow'.

My wife explained that it was a bull and they could tell by looking for the testicles hanging there in the back.

Next question stopped all conversation in the area....

Andy

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 05:00:26 PM »
LOL I nearly spit up this Screwdriver all over my desk.

I used to work for a rather liberal company, Whole Foods Market (I know I know)
I ran the seafood dept there, and ran into all kinds of REALLY stupid animal consuming logic.

I can't tell you how many people complained about the lobster tank.
They would complain that it's cruel for them to sit in that saltwater tank crawling all over each other.
Have any of these people ever seen lobsters in the wild??  They climb all over each other in the wild too.
I especially love the lady that complained about the tank right after I wrapped up her lobster stuffed salmon roast rolleyes
I even had a kid (raging liberal hippie wannabe) that worked in the dept. nearly get sick and run out of the area after witnessing me pull the claws and cut the tail off a live lobster.
(NEVER EVER "put them down" by putting a knife in the back. 1- if your boiling it whole that hole will let all the good flavor out. 2- As soon as they die.. they begin releasing toxins into their meat that taints the flavor.
The best way to "FEEL" like your being humain is to put them in the freezer for about 5 minutes before plopping them into the pot.  
Personally I think it's a waste of time. Just plop them in and enjoy.  They ARE the cockroach of the sea you know. Tasty cockroaches at that. (Not that I've tried the other variety for comparison.)

I did have one lady that was a bit of an anomaly.  
This very sexy dark haired professional looking woman ordered a large cut of sushi grade yellowfin yuna.
As I was trimming the bloodline out, she asked what I was going to do with the bloodline (if you have never seen a tuna loin prior to being trimmed of its bloodline.  It's a roughly 1"dia. fibrous chunk of.. well, blood, dark purple blood) I replied that it was going into the trash.  She asked if she could have it now.  I said sure, and handed it to her on a piece of waxpaper.  She proceeded to consume the large chunk of blood. (Don't get me wrong I LOVE sushi and sushimi, but that's just disgusting)
Something about it made her even sexier than she was, while making me cringe all at the same time.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 05:16:35 PM »
Heh, Ex DIL, too much of an airhead to fit any definition of any particular sub category of belief system, was discussing shoes with swmbo one time.  Swmbo made a comment about leather and cows and ex DIL said "Leather comes from cows?"  After swmbo finished re-hooking her jaw, she asked ex DIL where in the bloody heavens did you think leather came from?  Ex DIL replied that she "never really thought about it."
Sigh.....
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 08:44:18 PM »
"bloodline..."

Ugh. WAY too fishy for me, and I love raw tuna.

The only way I bifurcate the head on a lobster is if I'm roasting them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 12:55:40 AM »
"Bifurcate"?

To the Websters!

Tongue
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »
OK, let me modify my "Liberal" correlation and call it like Grampster-it's more a city folk vs. country folk distinction. But really, the Volvo, bumper sticker, music and Reston factors do tend toward Liberal as well.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 09:39:36 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
"bloodline..."

Ugh. WAY too fishy for me, and I love raw tuna.

The only way I bifurcate the head on a lobster is if I'm roasting them.
I wonder if we got Mike away from the computer and dictionary.com, to some remote location in Bumble Fork Egypt and put a few beers in him if he could still come up with those fancy ass words. Cheesy

-Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 09:40:43 AM »
""Bifurcate"?

To the Websters!"

Screw Websters, go to the Redneck Dictionary!

Bifurcate... To purchase a product or service for a woman named Catherine...

"Yeah, ah gotta stop by that thar flower seller guy. There's some roses ah wanna bifurcate."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 09:42:03 AM »
"OK, let me modify my "Liberal" correlation and call it like Grampster-it's more a city folk vs. country folk distinction. But really, the Volvo, bumper sticker, music and Reston factors do tend toward Liberal as well."

And here I am, just a simple Pennsylvania country boy, stuck in the liberal hell that is Northern Virginia.

More sushi and chardonay? Cheesy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 10:54:01 AM »
Charby, indubitably.  Although much of the time, un-nebulous.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 06:03:16 PM »
Mike, Mike, Mike.

Cold, unfiltered sake.  NEVER chardonnay.  But seeing as where you're from, I forgive you.  After all, it all must look like bait to you.  I'm sure there's a lot you could teach me about edible rodents.  :shakesheadsadly:     :condescension:

Wink
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 08:19:16 PM »
I rank sake right up there with tequilla.

Atrocious.

And I rank people who enjoy either right up there (or down there) with Teddy Kennedy, Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, and Barney Frank.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 08:25:17 PM »
Hey Mike, dirty words like that aren't allowed on APS.  You take those back right now!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 08:28:23 PM »
Oh go John Kerry yourself! Cheesy

Strings

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »
Chris... paging Chris... sounds like Mike needs some of his "therapy" again!

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 05:29:36 AM »
Hey, Mike, have you quit adding sugar to your Mogen David?

Might help to learn how to spell tequila.  They look at ya funny if you go into a booze store in Ojinaga and order Teh-kee-ya.

Sake?  Hey, with a cute young thing serving and a cute young thing hugging on you, who cares what it tastes like?

Cheesy, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2006, 05:32:01 AM »
"quit adding sugar to your Mogen David."

Hum... I don't recall converting to Judiasism recently...

Tequilla, tequila, tehquila.

It's all *expletive deleted*it.

If I don't drink it, what possible reason why I have for learning to spell it?

Strings

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2006, 05:35:47 AM »
and it's properly spelled "tekillya"... :neener:

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2006, 05:51:40 AM »
Conversion?  Nah, I just figured that with the cost of living in your part of the world, you went with whatever's affordable.  Cuervo 1800 has gotten expensive, here in the States.

A buddy of mine was browsing in an OJ liquor store, years back, and spotted a dust-covered bottle high on a shelf.  The bottle had a neat woven covering around it, much like a Chianti bottle but with finer strips of weave.  He didn't care about the tequila; he wanted the bottle.  So, I received this fruit jar and his story.  That was absolutely some of the smoothest booze I've ever sipped.  Trouble was, the store-folks didn't know where it came from, and the label was unknown to them.  Bummer.

Back to the city vs. country:  I wonder if it would upset some wine-drinker if you made some comment about, "Yeah, that winery still does it the old-fashioned way.  They stomp the wine with their feet to press out the juice."

But if you really want fun, watch American tourist reactions to foreign customs.  In Paris, it was a hoot to watch some tourist lady's reaction to seeing the circle of legs around a corner pissoir.  Or to the explanation of what is "balut" in Manila. Smiley

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »
Well, the wine I drink the most of normally goes for between $60 and $100 a bottle in the US.

A 375-ml HALF bottle.

Canadian Ice Wines.

Fortunately, I have friends who travel regularly to Canada and bring it back for me. What sells for $80 down here can be gotten for $30 to $40 Canadian.