Author Topic: My kid has issues?  (Read 5037 times)

My kid has issues?
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2006, 09:50:04 AM »
Quote from: ex-ma hole
They are a private group.
"89% of the financial support for people with disabilities served through Community Bridges comes from Medicaid (federal dollars with state match). Most of this support passes through Community Bridges to local vendors to provide support for people in their home communities.
Other funding sources:
7% fees for service
2% State of New Hampshire
1% other local organizations
1% donations (the United Way, private trusts and foundations, local businesses and individuals)"

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
My kid has issues?
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2006, 10:48:10 AM »
I talked to my Aunt (Actually, she's in Memphis, so she would be my Ant), and she was VERY skeptical at first, then I told her about the fact that they told us to submit a claim to the ins, and if they didn't cover, then they would just apply some funding.

My Ant pointed out that if this was the State investigating abuse, etc, this discussion would have never taken place.

She told me to relax, and take their advice (if I want to).

I'm ok now.  I will update on Monday after the meeting.  

M
One day at a time.

Antibubba

• friend
My kid has issues?
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2006, 06:04:55 PM »
3.  I'm not concerned about her developement, she is VERY vocal, seems to understand us, and speaks her own language.  I'm not worried that something is wrong.  The Dr is not being forceful, but indicated (to the wife) that this group will help her get on track.

Trains run on tracks.  Toy racecars are on tracks, and going in circles, I might add.   Let her break new trail instead of "charting with her peer group" or whatever they call it these days.  As you say, she has her own language, but she understands you well enough.  Maybe you and the wife should be tested-you're the ones with comprehension problems Wink .

I hope your daughter does not turn out to be normal.  I mean that in the very best sense.  Let her turn out to be more than the next carrier of the genes that were handed down to you, and to be a bright star for everyone she ever meets.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.