Author Topic: "That's no moon..."  (Read 5508 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
"That's no moon..."
« on: July 24, 2007, 03:31:17 PM »
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=99123
Pretty wacky article.  But the things it points our do raise good questions.
The gravity statement is...just stupid though.

Figured I'd go along with the couple of conspiracy threads going about today and present ye all with this.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Parker Dean

• friend
Re: "That's no moon..."
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »
Ah, so Lucas got it wrong. The Deathstar's main armament emitter was a pentagram and not a circle. It all makes sense now!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 06:37:56 PM »
My favorite part: "Gravity-Lock is a myth and an unnatural situation."

They didn't even try to site a source or some illogical backing. They just state it, and thats all there is. I wish I could do that.

"Radar guns are a myth. It is not possible to clock the speed of a car."

"Electricity and methane are a myth. You cannot bill me for what unnaturally shows up at my house."

Drew
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:46:46 PM »
Whacko.
Andy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »
"Electricity and methane are a myth. You cannot bill me for what unnaturally shows up at my house."

Works for me.   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »
"&Iapetus is not one of the normal moons of Saturn, but is actually a 900-mile wide, manufactured, ancient, world-sized spaceship&created under 1/40 terrestrial gravity. - Richard Hoagland"

That REALLY made my head hurt.

Jesus...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:43:10 PM »
Richard Hoagland

OK--that explains everything I need to know.     rolleyes
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
Gravity is a function of mass, not spinning.

The ring can be attributed to a once molten state as it spun on it's axis in the sky.  All the heavy and hard molten material would accumulate on the equator.  After it cooled, this ring would contain a concentration of the hardest material of the shperes makeup, and erode the slowest.

The shape of the craters is indicative of the material the object is composed of.  It's like a crystalline pattern.  Ever see columns of basalt with 5-6 sides and near perfect geometry, same idea here. The material makeup could have a high concentration of Cobalt, Beryllium, Magnesium or any similar element with the rhomboidal or hexagonal type atomic pattern. This same geometry due to physical makeup of the moons material accounts for the horizons having some straight edges that are not as rounded as what is typically seen.

This thing is comprised of a heavy concentration of something like basalt that exhibits these angular characteristics.  Nothing surprising at all, different yes, anomalous, yes, when compared to everything else we can see.  Improbable, not at all.

Deathstar, well, let's hope not.  Looks like liberal arts college students aren't the only ones smoking the good doobie.  A spaceship, wow, good herb man.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 02:51:04 AM »
Whacko.
Agreed.
Gravity is a function of mass, not spinning.\
Agreed.

But the things he points out such as the odd silhouette, that tower thing, and the orbit...
All pretty strange despite the stupidity in the article.

PS:  If you think this one is bad, look at some of the other articles.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 03:56:23 AM »
This reminds me of the "humor" issue my old college used to put out every year. Scratching my memory - this was several decades ago - a few themes included . . .

* Quantized time. Time consists of particles - chronons - that circulate randomly. The apparent passage of time is caused by the number of chronons that pass you up. If you're in an accelerated frame, going close to the speed of light, fewer chronons pass you up, so time appears to slow down.

* Quantized friction. Friction consists of particles called frictions. Some materials - say, rubber - have a lot of frictions on the surface, while other materials - say, teflon - have fewer frictions on the surface, and are more slippery. Oil washes surface frictions away, providing a lubricating effect.

* The rings of Saturn are really a giant particle accelerator. A professor from the Ugandan Magneto Gravitic Atomic Wave Association (UMGAWA)** proved this, and proposed an expedition to take control of it so Uganda could start bombarding their enemies with fifty-kiloton protons.

** If you ever watched an old Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movie, you'd remember hearing this word . . .  grin
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 04:10:13 AM »
This is towering architecture that rises miles above the ground. Who built this?
Ok, it wasn't ME!  angel
Avoid cliches like the plague!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 04:54:28 AM »
I'll leave all the individual debunking to others. It's been well documented. And I've got nothing to add there.

Essentially, what people like Richard Hoagland and his followers have is the normal human tendency to see shapes, faces, and regular patterns in things like clouds and rocks, but raised to a level that's pathological. It's the outer space version of toast with the face of Jesus on it up for sale on eBay...

The simplest explanation as to why there are no artifacts or a conspiracy is that if NASA had even the tiniest hint of any kind of artificial structures in our Solar System, they'd be screaming it from the rooftops so they could get the funding to explore them further. Despite how mired in the bureaucracy and technical minutiae all those scientists and engineers may be in the bowels of NASA, I'm pretty sure every last one of them got their start there because they had "the dream".

I'm sure to a man, everyone at NASA would think it unbelievably cool if we really did find "something"& (Emphasis on REALLY)

And if there really was a conspiracy, why release the photos for these "experts" to discover the details of ancient alien engineering in the first place?
I promise not to duck.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 04:59:03 AM »
"who built those towers"

Maybe the same people who built these towers...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 05:24:56 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't mention the hexagonal storm at Saturn's north pole.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2007-034

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 08:37:57 AM »

DUH! That's an upper facet of the still-functional mothership hiding just below the Saturnian cloud-deck...
I promise not to duck.

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 08:53:25 AM »
Looks like they found God's terraforming garage.   smiley

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=99123
Pretty wacky article.  But the things it points our do raise good questions.

I think the guy is on something a little stronger than regular old eveyday air.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 10:07:11 AM »
http://www.baen.com/library/0671720856/0671720856.htm

Sounds like he just got through reading Mutineer's Moon by David Weber. 

"Now, Commander, I shall try to explain what is happening."

"You can start," MacIntyre interrupted, determined to be more than a passive listener, "by explaining how you people managed to build a base this size on our moon without us noticing."

"We built no base, Commander."

MacIntyre's green eyes narrowed in irritation.

"Well somebody sure as hell did," he growled.

"You are suffering under a misapprehension, Commander. This is not a base 'on' your moon. It is your moon."
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 11:36:27 AM »

OK.  That is really cool.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »
Gravity is a function of mass, not spinning.

Did these guys really say that gravity comes from spin?  Wow.  Anyway, gravity and spin are myths and unnatural.

Iapetus

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 01:43:53 PM »
I would just like to make clear that I am not an ancient alien Death Star, and am in no way involved in a NASA conspiracy to hide the fact.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »
Methinks the world-sized spaceship doth protest too much. 

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »
I could swear I was told way back in elementary school that spinning generates gravity. I didn't buy it back then (having ridden on the merry-go-round), and I know now it's wrong, but I KNOW I heard it.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »
I could swear I was told way back in elementary school that spinning generates gravity. I didn't buy it back then (having ridden on the merry-go-round), and I know now it's wrong, but I KNOW I heard it.

Spinning can, I believe, create artificial gravity, but in order for that to work on a round planet you'd have to be inside the planet so that you weren't flung into space (assuming that the planet has no gravity).

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 05:49:11 AM »

Spinning can, I believe, create artificial gravity, but in order for that to work on a round planet you'd have to be inside the planet so that you weren't flung into space (assuming that the planet has no gravity).

What he said.  Mass is the source of gravity, but because spacecraft don't have much mass, they create the illusion of gravity via centrifugal force (assuming you're inside the craft).

Chris