Author Topic: Ashley Furniture just irked me...  (Read 10445 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Ashley Furniture just irked me...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
PM received.  Many thanks!  =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »
Yep.

I'll start slow... I've got a buddy down the street with a wood shop that puts most high school vo-tech departments to shame, so I can mooch off his shop with his blessing while I make progress on my own available tools.

I'll probably get a planer/jointer first and borrow his biscuit joiner and table router until the next project justifies the cost of another tool (the table router, most likely).  Gimme a year or two and I'll have a pretty decent shop setup out there.  Already have a scroll saw and compound miter saw from some other projects (when it comes to station-oriented tools), and I'm well set with just about any handheld power tool.

Yep, table saw, planer and jointer are first must-haves. And clamps - you can *never* have too many clamps.

Get the plans for Norm's NYW router table and build it yourself - it works great.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 01:08:06 PM »
Got my Home Depot 6ft folding banquet table desk yesterday, and my $300 refund from Ashley.

Moved my work area to my spare bedroom office, put a tablecloth on the plastic table, and it seems sturdy and comfortable enough until I get the shop situation squared away and a real desk built.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 11:04:02 AM »
I got your PM, thanks Brimic.  =)
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.