Author Topic: McCain is the Trump dossier source  (Read 2277 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: McCain is the Trump dossier source
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 02:19:26 PM »
Well, I really can't be surprised at anything McCain does. He's LITERALLY Hitler1, so the dossier is a pretty minor thing.

1: That's what the left, repeatedly, told me in 2008.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 04:48:24 PM »
From McCain's essay in the Sat WSJ:

I agree that Putin is Evil.  He puts Russia first and wants to re-create the Russian/Soviet Empire.  He wants buffer zones.   He didn't want NATO on his borders.   Fair enough, we wouldn't want the Warsaw Pact/Russian Forces on ours.

However, Putin's "meddling" in our election was lame, at best.  $250,000 of few memes, some fake FB pages, and the equivalent of  4 seconds of what gets uploaded on Youtube everyday is not "meddling", it's not even what a half-assed PAC spends on TV in a day.  No votes were changed, no machines tampered with.

Trump wanted to attempt to work with Putin to solve the Syria problem (The one Obama and Hillary created).   There was an opportunity to come to some type of solution (I don't know what), that could have possibly reduced the loss of life and the brought peace to the region (after destroying ISIS).  But the russia, Russia, RUSSIA !!! thing worked to  prevent any dialogue between the US and Russia, because any attempt would be met with "LOOK !!!!  MORE COLLUSION !!!".   So we bomb away and bomb the Syrian army for fake chemical attacks.

And the only reason there is such discord (much, much more than usual) in US politics is because of the Anti/NeverTrumpers like McCain.  He's taken every opportunity to get in his digs at Trump.  ie Voting against Obamacare repeal, saying he doesn't want Trump at his Funeral.  That last being very cheap and petty. 

If McCain had truly lead after the election, he would have recognized that Trump is now the President and the de facto leader of the party.  Showing his support and loyalty would have shown what kind of person and leader he was. (Yes, you can still disagree on various policy positions, that's expected), but a lot of what McCain did was out of spite.   Again.  Petty and Childish.  That colours my opinion of the man.
If memory serves, McCain didn't miss many opportunities to criticize W. Bush also when he was in the White House. 

I figure the Soviet Union did worse in our elections in the past. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »

And the only reason there is such discord (much, much more than usual) in US politics is because of the Anti/NeverTrumpers like McCain.  He's taken every opportunity to get in his digs at Trump.  ie Voting against Obamacare repeal, saying he doesn't want Trump at his Funeral.  That last being very cheap and petty. 

If McCain had truly lead after the election, he would have recognized that Trump is now the President and the de facto leader of the party.  Showing his support and loyalty would have shown what kind of person and leader he was. (Yes, you can still disagree on various policy positions, that's expected), but a lot of what McCain did was out of spite.   Again.  Petty and Childish.  That colours my opinion of the man.

McCain's been pulling that crap forever.  Remember when he was "Maverick McCain",  and part of "The gang of __" (however many aholes,  I forget).  That man's MO is siding with the opposition and brown nosing any media outlet that would say nice things about him.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 11:02:06 PM »
When the private musings of the faceless White House staffer were leaked (i.e. "Who cares what McCain thinks!? He's gonna die soon.), Megan McCain was incensed and said, paraphrasing, " Just who do you think you are? You're a nobody. No one will remember you when you're gone, and people will be remembering my father for hundreds of years!"

I think they both believe that. Sadly, that's likely what matters to them.

Even more sadly,  no one but scholars of political minutiae will remember Mr. Mc Cain in 50 years, let alone hundreds.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought