Author Topic: Zero tolerance?  (Read 3786 times)

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Zero tolerance?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:54:18 AM »
What happens when the blind lead the blind ...... :facepalm: [tinfoil]

What do you expect in modern schools ....common sense?   ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:16:19 PM »
What happens when the blind moronic ideologues lead the blind everyone ...... :facepalm: [tinfoil]

What do you expect in modern schools ....common sense?   ;/

FTFY.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »

I see this essentially on par with removing an amputee's prosthetic.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
Not surprised that this is in Kansas City, Missouri.  Curious as to why the parents don't have the child in a school for the blind.  There is a terrific one just across the state line in Kansas.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 03:44:39 PM »
Not surprised that this is in Kansas City, Missouri.  Curious as to why the parents don't have the child in a school for the blind.  There is a terrific one just across the state line in Kansas.

At some time in their life the blind kid is going to have to make it in the rest of the world.  That and the fact that in many instances mainstreaming a handicapped/differently-other-not the same abled kid gets benefits and services not otherwise available except to the very rich.

Wonder what the school would have done if the kid had a guide dog?  (I'm betting absolutely no disciplinary action against kids who, for example, tried to pet it.  That plus monthly vet checkups, a muzzle, and probably doggy diapers.)

Did you know that wrapping the handle of a clue-bat with medical white adhesive tape converts is to Thumpazine, which can be administered PRN?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 03:49:24 PM »
I seriously doubt taking away a blind child's cane was done without some due consideration, especially as litigation happy a society we have become. I'd bet a good steak on there being a LOT more to the story.

Brad
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:58:09 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »
I think you underestimate the willingness of school administrators to perform Stupid Human Tricks...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
I think you underestimate the willingness of school administrators to perform Stupid Human Tricks...

True.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
I seriously doubt taking away a blind child's cane was done without some due consideration, especially as litigation happy a society we have become. I'd bet a good steak on there being a LOT more to the story.

Brad

If the blind kid was using it like a lance, or (if it was the folding variety) nun-chucks there are ways to deal with that.  The article says he hit another kid.  His parents counter that he "fidgets" with the cane.  Kick him off the bus for a week, just like they do to any other kid "convicted" of acting out on the bus.  (That the school will have to pay for specialized handicapped transportation should not influence their disciplinary decision. :O)

The school calls it their property, saying they gave it to him when he enrolled.  I'd love to track that back between the Department for the Visually Handicapped, Dept. of Rights of the Disabled, his parent's medical insurance, and the various fedral/state laws on accommodations for the handicapped.  Guide canes are of a particular size and flexibility in order to transmit information other than "Hey, you are about to bump into something!"  Much comes from the sound of the cane tip gliding over a surface or being tapped.  There's a blind guy at the VA who can tell, in the rain on an asphalt road, how far away from him I'm standing via the sounds from tapping his cane.

That pool noodle better be able to transmit the same information.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 07:29:27 PM »
 I'd love to track that back between the Department for the Visually Handicapped, Dept. of Rights of the Disabled, his parent's medical insurance, and the various fedral/state laws on accommodations for the handicapped.  Guide canes are of a particular size and flexibility in order to transmit information other than "Hey, you are about to bump into something!"  Much comes from the sound of the cane tip gliding over a surface or being tapped.  There's a blind guy at the VA who can tell, in the rain on an asphalt road, how far away from him I'm standing via the sounds from tapping his cane.

That pool noodle better be able to transmit the same information.

stay safe.

Yep, this.   Dad can tell all kinds of things about what's where through his cane.  He also uses it to move people out of the way.  A tap on the back or side of your foot, and you move out of the way.  It's amazing how quickly people go from "Ima about to kick your ass." to "Oh, I'm sorry sir, I'm in your way."  Once they turn around and see the 90 year-old blind guy behind them.  I just walk behind him and smile at everyone.  =D =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
Yep, this.   Dad can tell all kinds of things about what's where through his cane.  He also uses it to move people out of the way.  A tap on the back or side of your foot, and you move out of the way.  It's amazing how quickly people go from "Ima about to kick your ass." to "Oh, I'm sorry sir, I'm in your way."  Once they turn around and see the 90 year-old blind guy behind them.  I just walk behind him and smile at everyone.  =D =D

You know, that does speak well of them.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »
At some time in their life the blind kid is going to have to make it in the rest of the world.  That and the fact that in many instances mainstreaming a handicapped/differently-other-not the same abled kid gets benefits and services not otherwise available except to the very rich.

Wonder what the school would have done if the kid had a guide dog?  (I'm betting absolutely no disciplinary action against kids who, for example, tried to pet it.  That plus monthly vet checkups, a muzzle, and probably doggy diapers.)

Did you know that wrapping the handle of a clue-bat with medical white adhesive tape converts is to Thumpazine, which can be administered PRN?

stay safe.

Actually the school I was speaking of is the Kansas School for the Blind and they actually do a good job of "mainstreaming" the people enrolled.  It isn't a private school and they actually take the students out into the real world for lessons.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
You know, that does speak well of them.

It is suburban Indianapolis, which means it's middle class/working class folks and not urban trash.  (Most shootings and crime occur on the Northwest side, my folks live on the southside.)

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 03:08:28 PM »
It is suburban Indianapolis, which means it's middle class/working class folks and not urban trash.  (Most shootings and crime occur on the Northwest side, my folks live on the southside.)

Does your Dad know Tam?  Maybe he could go shooting with her one day.  =D

Oops!  That was Iowa.  IA, IL, IN, ID - they sometimes get all mixed together in my head.

stay safe.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 06:40:23 PM »
Does your Dad know Tam?  Maybe he could go shooting with her one day.  =D

Oops!  That was Iowa.  IA, IL, IN, ID - they sometimes get all mixed together in my head.

stay safe.

I've gone to the Indy 1500 with her, Roberta, and few others; along with going to several Blogmeets.  I was also at the LuckyGunner Blogger shoot with her and Oleg. (along with many others).

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.