Author Topic: Because lynching is for amateurs  (Read 3245 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Because lynching is for amateurs
« on: January 18, 2007, 04:30:10 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: SmallVictories.com
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 04:35:26 PM »
 shocked

This outta be interesting...

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 04:48:56 PM »
So, Fistful, I take it you're pro-choice.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »
shocked

This outta be interesting...

+1.

Fact or fiction, I don't think that posting this will be well received. 

In before fistful is banned

Perd Hapley

• friend
Because lynching is for amateurs
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »
Banned for what?  I posted something unusual, just like many other people do, and didn't even comment on it.  What did I do wrong? 

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: Because lynching is for amateurs
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 05:03:26 PM »
Yes, this thread should a A LOT of fun!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Ron

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »
Banned for what?

I didn't see the image, but I suspect making people come face to face with the results of their tacit/vocal support of abortion.

You can advocate barbarism, just not show what it looks like.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »
One of the most effective tactics in winning over mothers contemplating an abortion is showing them their baby/fetus (pick your noun) via ultrasound, especially the newer 3-D ultrasounds.

(Which is why some legislators are proposing banning the use of ultrasound machines by anyone other than a doctor.   That does not sound "pro-choice" to theis person.  That sounds mighty pro-abortion.)

Other tactics, such as showing the ugly remnants of "successful" abortions is substantially less effective, though educational.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »
the secret war against black folks, waged by the Dem's.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 07:12:55 PM »
I wouldn't accuse the pro-abortion movement of being racist or of having some master plan of genocide.  But abortion is just one way in which an overly-large segment of the Black American population is destroying themselves.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »
But abortion is just one way in which an overly-large segment of the Black American population is destroying themselves.

Uhh, I think the problem is the amount of unprotected pre-/extra-marital sex, also evidenced by the higher HIV infection rates, not the abortions.  Unless you're saying more babies born to mothers who don't want them and probably are poorly equipped to raise and provide for them would be a good thing.  In which case you're nuts.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »
Hmmm...this site http://blackgenocide.org/planned.html declares the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist. However, no one is forcing the women to the clinics. Perhaps being taught that "it's only globs of flesh" has something to do with it.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »
Or maybe it's religious fanatics who think that being barefoot and pregnant is the most assured way of increasing their numbers...

Bogie hateses kluckernazis and anti-freedom people.

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 03:02:20 AM »
Bogie hateses kluckernazis and anti-freedom people.
Now, now, don't hate the anti-freedom pro-abortionists.  Let's just try to convert them to a common-sense, non-discriminatory position that protects humans inside and outside of the womb.   smiley

But just so you know, there is nothing especially religious about the abortion issue, despite what some Christians may think. 

client32

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 04:03:50 AM »
One of the most effective tactics in winning over mothers contemplating an abortion is showing them their baby/fetus (pick your noun) via ultrasound, especially the newer 3-D ultrasounds.

How many here have seen an ultrasound just 10 weeks after conception?  There is a heart, fingers, toes, and he/she moves around quite a bit.  I can see pro-abortionists viewing this as an unfair tactic and wanting to ban their use.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 04:43:47 AM »
But abortion is just one way in which an overly-large segment of the Black American population is destroying themselves.

Uhh, I think the problem is the amount of unprotected pre-/extra-marital sex, also evidenced by the higher HIV infection rates, not the abortions.  Unless you're saying more babies born to mothers who don't want them and probably are poorly equipped to raise and provide for them would be a good thing.  In which case you're nuts.

The extra-marital sex is indeed the problem, but single women are more likely to engage in sex when they know they can make resultant pregnancies go away.  What is truly nuts is the current notion that murdering a child to prevent it from suffering should be legal. 

Ron

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 05:04:53 AM »
But just so you know, there is nothing especially religious about the abortion issue, despite what some Christians may think.

Science shows the "pro life" side is correct.

A human is a human regardless of how old they are or where they are located.

The problem is that science views humans as nothing more than advanced chimpanzees who have no more intrinsic value than a sack of meat.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 05:59:26 AM »
The problem is that science views humans as nothing more than advanced chimpanzees who have no more intrinsic value than a sack of meat.
True on both counts.

Science has two limitations:
1. It is performed by humans, who have agendas, strive for status, etc.
2. It can only tell us about what it can measure

Trying to ferret out moral and ethical dilemas using only science usualy leads to horrifying results.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 06:06:17 AM »
fistful removed the picture he had originally posted, perhaps because he thought it might offend someone.  Well, I have no such compunctions, and I feel like stirring up the pot a bit.  So...

Now to really stir up the pot, I urge everyone to check out this link:
http://www.100abortionpictures.com/Aborted_Baby_Pictures_Abortion_Photos/

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 06:22:50 AM »
Also a problem are faiths that set humans on a pedestal above the other animals, giving those other animals no more value than a sack of unfeeling meat.  When a society losses respect for other life, its a small step to lose respect for the life of your fellow humans.

As I've said before on this forum, in my opinion what sets us apart from the rest of animal kingdom is the DEGREE of complexity of our minds.  We and a few other species exhibit self recognition, more have recognition of the other. But many many other species have emotional lives akin to our own even though their brains are not as "complex" as our own.

Take life when you must for defense or sustenance, but not for the sake of convenience.

On the topic of abortion, for me the cut off is when the brain of the developing baby becomes active.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 07:32:36 AM »
Trying to ferret out moral and ethical dilemas using only science usualy leads to horrifying results.

Yes. With the prevalence of science in today's world, to me it seems that people sometimes forget that some things are still properly left to the philosophical and metaphysical realm.
Andy

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »
So long as we agree that innocent humans cannot be killed out of hand, we need not bring religion into the debate.*  Unadorned science tells us that the zygote is a new human individual.  If someone like Sindawe wants to propose religious or philosophical conjectures about when someone becomes a full person, that is his business.  Such people must not be allowed to use this as justification to murder what is known to be a human being.  There simply is no reason** why a pregnant women or anyone else should be allowed to decide whether another person is protected by law or not, and then kill that person on fiat.  We don't allow this in other areas of the law.  We should not allow it here. 

* Ultimately, I think respect for human life can come only from a transcendent religious authority.  But so long as we all agree that murder should be illegal, there is no need to go into that debate.  Hence, there is no need for the anti-abortionist to bring religion into the argument. 

**Other than rape victims, those getting abortions are simply reversing a choice they have already made - to engage in behaviors known to result in pregnancy.  Carrying the child of a rapist would be a terrible thing to undergo, but it cannot justify killing that child.  Even in the case of pregnancies that endanger the life (not the health) of the mother, it simply won't do to let women have total latitude to decide whether their pregnancy is too dangerous. When a woman must make such a decision, she still must be accountable to some sort of standard, just as I am held to a standard when I decide I must shoot in self-defense.  I must show that I had good reason to believe my life to be in danger, and that I could not retreat.  If my decision is second-guessed, so should her's be.

client32

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 08:26:03 AM »
On the topic of abortion, for me the cut off is when the brain of the developing baby becomes active.

Just because I am too lazy to look this up, when is that?
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 08:30:48 AM »
Why should it matter? 

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »
Fistful:
There simply is no reason** why a pregnant women or anyone else should be allowed to decide whether another person is protected by law or not, and then kill that person on fiat.  We don't allow this in other areas of the law.
In your view, should that also apply to the death penalty?  How about pulling-the-plug on a comatose person?

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?