Author Topic: NOT politics but facepalm  (Read 808 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
NOT politics but facepalm
« on: March 07, 2015, 02:57:42 PM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chelsea-clinton-men-must-lead-the-way-to-gender-equality/article/2561161

So much for strong women rising up and bringing down the patriarchy.

During an interview with Fortune, Chelsea Clinton (daughter of Bill and Hillary, interviewer of computer-animated geckos) claimed that around the world men must be the ones to lead the way to gender equality.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

"We've seen some real cultural normative shifts — and candidly it often has to be men who lead the way," Clinton said when asked specifically about gender equality in Japan. "In countries where we've seen real declining rates in child marriage, of female genital mutilation, it has always been the result of a real cross-sector coalition [with men leading]."

Sorry ladies, it is not you who can bring about the change we need. It's time for you to get out of the way and let the menfolk take over.

No, you do not need to make us a sammich while we go about fixing things.  Some chips and a couple of beers will be OK.  ;)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: NOT politics but facepalm
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 03:27:21 AM »
I thought Orwell called that "doublethink."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »
Clinton said when asked specifically about gender equality in Japan. "In countries where we've seen real declining rates in child marriage, of female genital mutilation, it has always been the result of a real cross-sector coalition [with men leading]."

What does Japan have to do with child marriage and/or female genital mutilation?

For that matter, I was under the impression that men's doing the leading was a basic source of feminist complaint
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:59 PM »
Shoot, every other time I open a door for a woman, I get a dirty look.

Oh, wait. That's not "gender equality". That's sexism.

I guess I'll have to stop marrying 16 year-olds.