Author Topic: The debate is ended!  (Read 669 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The debate is ended!
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
Over?

Under?

Stand it on its edge and pull off what you need?

Based on the patent application https://www.google.com/patents/US465588 the debate is now over.

Or at least we know how the inventor intended it to be done.

Now the question is, how many of you heretics are going to amend your ways?

But fear not - we can begin a new debate.  From the patent application:
The patent reads, "My invention consists in a roll of wrapping paper with perforations on the line of the division between one sheet and the next, so as to be easily torn apart, such roll of wrapping paper forming a new article of manufacture."

Wrapping paper, people!  Not wiping paper.  We can debate the Victorian delight in obfuscation and deflection when it came to discusing things about the human body, and whether or not "wrapping" is such an obfuscation.  My vote is "I hope so".

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The debate is ended!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »
When Mason was alive, the answer was "in the cabinet where he can't get at the roll."

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: The debate is ended!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 05:26:53 PM »
My wife sent me this, to support her contention that God, Nature, and the inventor intended toilet paper to be hung in the proper overhand fashion.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.