Author Topic: Obama bows to Tampa mayor  (Read 6207 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Obama bows to Tampa mayor
« on: February 02, 2010, 04:08:04 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//100128/480/b07861589f354ce698c3bf88b741d692/
 :laugh:
Maybe he learned his manners from watching The Godfather. It's hard to say. He's a man of many strange quirks.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Obama bows to Tampa mayor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:08:58 AM »
Creepy!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »
I don't think this administration does anything by accident.   [tinfoil]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 08:24:55 AM »
at the risk of defending him. its an asian thing   i do it and i spent less time in asia than he did. it amuses older asian folk cause i do it automatically and they aren't used to seeing,  what is to them is a redneck roundeye practicing obeisance. the fact that my dad went native and i was raised with both parents setting that example really ingrained it in me . its as deeply ingrained as a regional accent. perhaps moreso since failure as a child resulted in a lightening strike
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:45:39 AM »
Ya'll got it wrong, it's the new humbler America.  Even Time mag says he is the first post imperial President.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »
Whats even weirder is the video.  Its not really a bow so much as a really deep bob.  It happens so fast that its nearly comical. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
I think he deliberately intends to do it to every HOA board member and city councilman he meets to cover up his screw-ups with other heads of state.

I think the Japanese Emperor bow was to cover up for the Saudi one, which I genuinely think was a combination of closet-islam or ex-islam and "going with the flow" of other heads of state that bowed.

I still hold in my heart that the President of the United States bows to no one.

What we have is an eff-tard child in office with no grasp of the meaning of that office.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »
Maybe he was looking to see if she had his birth certificate in her hand?   [tinfoil]   ;/

It does smack of cover up for the Saudi bow, which smacked of inexperience. 
JD

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »
Let him bow to US and remember who he works for.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »
Ah. The Asian angle makes sense.

Re: weird things about Obama, I'm watching the town hall he's having in Nashua. The people sitting behind him keep snapping pictures of the back of his head.  ??? I don't know whether it's another case of staged cameras or just weird people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 02:25:56 PM »
Well, it is either all that, or he is falling for the "Your Shoes are Untied" joke way too much!  :)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »
This is what Barry does.  It's a habit.

There are plenty of photos of him bowing to people when he was Senator.  (I remember one photo of him in the Ukraine with Lugar bowing to people).

I think he learned it at the madrassa and it just stuck with him.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »
At least she's an American.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »
This is what Barry does.  It's a habit.

There are plenty of photos of him bowing to people when he was Senator.  (I remember one photo of him in the Ukraine with Lugar bowing to people).

I think he learned it at the madrassa and it just stuck with him.

you can pick it up living on airforce bases  i learned on wake island. and oddly enough it was my irish dad who put the force in enforcement about it. all of the kids bow to ort elders or others we think of it as a sign of respect.  my dad went totally native in japan  the whole shoes thing as well
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 04:32:51 PM »
How many civilians live on Wake Island?  I thought it was pretty small.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
its very small  i tried to run away from home there my first time. i think its less than 2000 acres and only a couple hundred folks live there.  not sure there are any civilians there not dependents

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »
I landed at Wake Is on my way to the Vietnam thingie back in 67.  There is not much there.  When I looked out either side of the airplane after we landed, all I saw was water.....chris3

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 11:10:20 AM »
its mind boggling the guys that died over that chunk of sand.  my kid sis was born there. regularly has to explain its status to folk who oughta know.  like consular officials

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 11:36:45 AM »
Obama did not learn it on an air base. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:16 AM »
he was born in kapiolani.  plenty of non round eyed folks in that hood

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »
Hmmm, you may be right.  Something that he copied from his youth?

I know it's a habit.  I've seen him bow to people he has just met when he was just a state senator.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »
Where he learned it is irrelevant; what it says about his concept of social relations--and their political implications--is what matters. 

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
Whats even weirder is the video.  Its not really a bow so much as a really deep bob.  It happens so fast that its nearly comical. 
ah, he thought she was going to take a swing at him [popcorn] :angel:

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »
Where he learned it is irrelevant; what it says about his concept of social relations--and their political implications--is what matters. 

Indeed. It may be a "habit" but, he is the (cough) leader of the free world and should be able to exercise a modicum of self control, such as, not picking his nose or scratching his arse in public.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »
Indeed. It may be a "habit" but, he is the (cough) leader of the free world and should be able to exercise a modicum of self control, such as, not picking his nose or scratching his arse in public.

THIS.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton