Author Topic: Valentine's day  (Read 6636 times)

BridgeRunner

• friend
Re: Valentine's day
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
Usually, I get my wife some nice chocolates and (maybe) a card.  But, we're both on a diet, and chocolates have a metric ton of calories in em, so that's out.  I'll probably just cook a really nice dinner, and maybe get a halfway decent bottle of Riesling.

Yeah, I'm not on a diet per se, but I am gearing up to run two spring races and am working out 5-6 times/week in an effort to get more fit for said races.  Spouse just surprised me with chocolate.  I guess it is the thought that counts--but it's the calories that last.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
I found this mysterious Victoria's secret charge on one of the credit cards.  I'm thinking its fraudelent and I should dispute it....

Hah, I watch the ratio of cash:credit:debit all year because if the cash end gets too low, it's a sign that my cashiers might be stealing from the store (pocketing cash and not running it through the register.)  Valentine's is the one time where the cash end gets really, really high.  No one wants their SO to check the bill and ruin the surprise.

Um, er, ah, what exactly is it that you do whilst on the floor?

Sawdust

Hah, it's not one of THOSE places.  No booths or whatnot.  I'll be answering questions, ringing if needed, watching for shoplifters, checking IDs, spot checking the drawers, and making drops all night.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 06:55:41 PM »
...spot checking the drawers...

That sounds like fun...or not. ;)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
My wife really wants an Airstream Bambi, so I got her a Airstream dealership clock.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »
*smug* i was super smart...

i got BF a humidfier and some cigars for christmas, which means i always have a standby.

i'll just run down and buy him a cigar or two to put in his box.  =D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds