Author Topic: Airsoft guns  (Read 6617 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Airsoft guns
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
The painted tips are only required to be imported into the US, the law ends there.

Wrong.

Remember, we have fifty states plus the District of Columbia. Each state has its own laws.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 05:37:30 PM »
It's also possible the kid didn't believe it was really the police and might have thought it was some friends of his joking around.  In which case he might have pantomimed "mowing them down" before realizing it was the real deal. 

Or the police yelled "PUT DOWN THE GUN" and he didn't think he was carrying a gun (after all, it's just a toy, right?) so he didn't realize they were yelling at him ...

Maybe?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »
Could be.  We will never know
Wonder what if any training about guns kid had. Makes me glad my kids are pretty careful. Even with the guns on the wii

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Andy-Lopez-Family-to-File-Federal-Lawsuit-Claiming-Violation-of-Fourth-Amendment-230501401.html

The parents of a 13-year-old Santa Rosa boy killed by a sheriff's deputy who thought the airsoft rifle he was carrying was real has filed a lawsuit over their son's death, claiming the deputy who shot him used excessive force and had a history of "reckless" acts.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

erictank

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »
I have a friend who is heavily into airsofts. He has mostly all pistols, but even the meddle-grade ones are indistinguishable for a real firearm at even five feet away. He sent me one to look at once. It was an airsoft copy of a Wilson Combat 1911, and with the red muzzle cover removed (which he did immediately), there was no way to know it wasn't a real 1911 without handling it.

The red tips are required by law, but they are useless. The kids all take the red off so their toys will look real, and the gang bangers paint the muzzles of their Glocks red hoping the cops will think it's an airsoft. It a lose-lose situation all around, IMHO. They are fun to play with, but parents should NOT allow their kids to take them off their own property, or to play with them in the front yard where they can be seen from the street. It sucks, but this case illustrates the consequences.

Tips are required for SALE - not, most places, for possession.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Andy-Lopez-Family-to-File-Federal-Lawsuit-Claiming-Violation-of-Fourth-Amendment-230501401.html

Why do officers always draw the firepower first, most have stun guns on their knee, there isn't a one who doesn't have a vest on.  Yeah, no one wants to risk getting shot, but they all the protection and options other than the glock.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 07:10:14 PM »
Why do officers always draw the firepower first, most have stun guns on their knee, there isn't a one who doesn't have a vest on.  Yeah, no one wants to risk getting shot, but they all the protection and options other than the glock.

The maximum range for a police-grade Taser is 25 feet. And the soft body armor worn by most patrol officers is only (barely) effective at stopping handgun rounds, it will not stop a rifle bullet -- not even a 7.62x39.

I am quite certain that there is no police department anywhere in the world that trains to counter an AK-47 with a Taser.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »
I'd love to see cops required to wear some sort of video camera,  along with a similar thing on ALL of their weapons.  With the feed automatically streamed to Youtube or something.  Come on fellas,  if you have nothing to hide why is this an issue??  >:D 

Welcome to being a public servant,  thin blue line my ass.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
The maximum range for a police-grade Taser is 25 feet. And the soft body armor worn by most patrol officers is only (barely) effective at stopping handgun rounds, it will not stop a rifle bullet -- not even a 7.62x39.

I am quite certain that there is no police department anywhere in the world that trains to counter an AK-47 with a Taser.

I see your point with the AK, but it doesn't matter the situation, the first thing the police do is pull the nuke option.  I don't know about other places, but officers in Reno have to wear body armor capable of stopping a bullet from their own weapon. 

Gemoriah.com

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »
I see your point with the AK, but it doesn't matter the situation, the first thing the police do is pull the nuke option.  I don't know about other places, but officers in Reno have to wear body armor capable of stopping a bullet from their own weapon. 

I'm sure the regulation is to stop a round from their own duty handgun. The AK-47 7.62x39 round is not an especially high-powered cartridge, as rifle cartridges go, but just about any rifle cartridge will penetrate soft body armor. To stop rifles you need trauma plates, and trauma plates are too uncomfortable to wear all day, every day for regular patrol duty.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 10:01:07 AM »
I see your point with the AK, but it doesn't matter the situation, the first thing the police do is pull the nuke option.
If you were in charge of training police what would you train them to do?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »

Shoot anyone who makes a threatening gesture, it matters little if another piece of cattle dies. Bad shoot? No big deal, there are no 'bad shoots' just 'less good' shoots, its why we have a police union lawyers for.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 04:11:45 PM »
Interestingly enough oleg knows the shooter and posted on facebook about him/it.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »

Probably what Brimic says, shoot the cattle.  Then stress that a bad shoot will result in the Police Chief disowning you, the Mayor disowning you and you'll be hung out to dry till the furor subsides.  Just look at it as a paid vacation.

Gemoriah.com

• friends
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
Need to train kids about how to handle both guns and encounters with the cops. We've been told that the kid was told the cops were there