Author Topic: Growing Number Believe California’s Drought Is A Government Conspiracy  (Read 6637 times)

MechAg94

• friend
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/09/22/growing-number-believe-californias-drought-is-a-government-conspiracy/

This looked like a fun topic. 
“The list of corroborating material we have is immense, including lab tests that prove the same elements named in geoengineering patents—aluminum, barium, and other heavy metals are raining down on us in massive quantities,” he said.
If you’re skeptical, this won’t help—he claims the spraying is happening off the coast of California comes with an incredibly serious side effect. The heavy metal particles are blocking rainfall, effectively steering California’s somewhere else.
And of course, it wouldn't be complete without this:
The movement’s leader, Dane Wigington, says he’s putting his life on the line to reveal a truth that will shake society to its core.

So is this just a conspriracy to forefully export liberals out of California?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Well, there actually IS a conspiracy, but it's the freakin' environazis using the legal system to stop the building of a lousy three dams that would have made the drought a non-issue.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MikeB

• friend
Let me guess Chemtrails conspiracy morph?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Well, there actually IS a conspiracy, but it's the freakin' environazis using the legal system to stop the building of a lousy three dams that would have made the drought a non-issue.

Need to have sufficient water to fill the reservoirs and enough to keep them filled enough for sustainable use. If you don't have that, its another pissing money down the drain government program.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Need to have sufficient water to fill the reservoirs and enough to keep them filled enough for sustainable use. If you don't have that, its another pissing money down the drain government program.

There is more than sufficient water,  currently draining into the ocean.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends

But, but, but the ocean levels will drop if we dam up all the water!!!1111
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

But, but, but the ocean levels will drop if we dam up all the water!!!1111

See? Win, win!

Because I've been told for my entire life that the most dangerous thing in the world is the ocean rising, even an inch. Don't you know that everyone in Florida will drown if oceans rise an INCH!?!?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
I thought Globular Woerming, errr Climate Change was causing the Ocean levels to rise, so if we dam up a bunch of water in California reservoirs, wouldn't that help keep the oceans low?

[/sarcasm], in case you couldn't tell

Dam it.  Makattak beat me to it.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

griz

• friend
Of course it's the government's fault.  But they aren't preventing rain, they're paying rain back for the amount they purchased on credit to fuel Katrina.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

brimic

• friends
See? Win, win!

Because I've been told for my entire life that the most dangerous thing in the world is the ocean rising, even an inch. Don't you know that everyone in Florida will drown if oceans rise an INCH!?!?

But, but, but ocean levels lowering will cause them to rise and we will all die and it will be all our fault!!!1111 #globaloceanlevelchange
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Growing Number Believe California’s Drought Is A Government Conspiracy
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 12:14:34 PM »

Ayep. If you're willing to nuke the wetlands, fish, etc. Which I'm personally not opposed to, but probably is a good thing to well research before implementing.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 12:31:45 PM »
Ayep. If you're willing to nuke the wetlands, fish, etc. Which I'm personally not opposed to, but probably is a good thing to well research before implementing.

The three reservoirs they were talking about,  I think 30 years ago now,  had pretty extensive EIS research done.  They were good locations.  Certainly you don't want to put a dam any old place,  or divert surface water haphazardly. Something like diverting delta smelt water to humans would be a good cost / benefit though.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 01:27:29 PM »
So is this just a conspriracy to forefully export liberals out of California?

The Mexican government is behind it. Make it less desirable, so we'll sell it to them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »
The Mexican government is behind it. Make it less desirable, so we'll sell it to them.

Erm...if they move the liberals out, Texas might buy it just in case we need a staging area when we attack Oregon.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 01:53:31 PM »
Erm...if they move the liberals out, Texas might buy it just in case we need a staging area when we attack Oregon.

Portland delenda est.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 02:47:26 PM »

Perhaps if people would change their landscaping to fit the climate of California and get rid of backyard pools?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »
Perhaps if people would change their landscaping to fit the climate of California and get rid of backyard pools?

Living like you're in a rainforest is certainly one problem.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »

I have to visit Orange, CA for business once or twice a year. If astounded me the amount of watering on automated or not sprinklers everywhere. They would probably better off they lived like the more or less desert that part of CA naturally is.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:53 PM »

I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of this business of preserving species for the sheer sake of preserving species.

Do we really miss the benefits of the dodo bird and the carrier pigeon?  Did the ecology fail to recover from this deletion?

Terry

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:58:37 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »

Honestly, getting rid of almonds and you're probably fine. Pools aren't even a dent comparatively speaking. California is growing some insanely water intensive crops, and I believe agriculture is above 80% of the water usage. At the moment, they're supplementing their water needs by pumping their aquifers dry. That's going to have some very serious long term consequences. If you pump significantly more than it replaces, the ground compacts and can't retain as much water.

I'm rarely the type to say "There aught to be a law...", but folks are seriously going to be screwing themselves over in the long run. Guess it's much like Social Security, they expect to be dead before it can't be kicked down the road any further.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »
Honestly, getting rid of almonds and you're probably fine. Pools aren't even a dent comparatively speaking. California is growing some insanely water intensive crops, and I believe agriculture is above 80% of the water usage. At the moment, they're supplementing their water needs by pumping their aquifers dry. That's going to have some very serious long term consequences. If you pump significantly more than it replaces, the ground compacts and can't retain as much water.

I'm rarely the type to say "There aught to be a law...", but folks are seriously going to be screwing themselves over in the long run. Guess it's much like Social Security, they expect to be dead before it can't be kicked down the road any further.

Our civilization has been doing a lot of that lately: allowing decades and centuries old infrastructure to deteriorate while also stealing from the future (your aquifer example being one means).

We're eating our seed corn and letting the equipment necessary to plant it rust away. We're crippling our progeny.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »
Our civilization has been doing a lot of that lately: allowing decades and centuries old infrastructure to deteriorate while also stealing from the future (your aquifer example being one means).

We're eating our seed corn and letting the equipment necessary to plant it rust away. We're crippling our progeny.

Just curious, what other examples of this do you see happening?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »

Post-Roman Britons and Saxons thought that the ruins in Britain were of buildings built by giants.  The post-Western Americans and Europeans likely will have records enough to not think that, but they will know that the collapse was hastened by giant a**holes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 04:47:03 PM »

As always, it's usually both worse and not quite as bad as it always sounds.

Yes, power transmission infrastructure is aging. Some area are better than others. Mine has enough storms and winter that the local power companies are on the ball. The freeze and thaw cycles pick off any stragglers in short order. Another issue is you can have multiple generations of equipment, which makes repair and spares interesting. That said, there's been some decent improvements of infrastructure command and control. It'd be harder for entire states to go offline. Fixing everything at once is not economically feasible, nor necessary. All you need to do is have your state's public utility boards or agencies do their job and make sure the power transmission folks are spending what they need to spend.

High debt, yep. This what happens when you spend more on bread and circuses than you take in. You finance it on debt. On the plus side, we are buying most of our own debt. Through Social Security and the Treasury Department. It's so folks don't realize we're financing our fiscal budget with a printing press. Which leads to inflation. Combined with wage stagnation, it's a long term problem we're just starting to really get hit with. Consumer electronics are getting cheaper, luxuries in general are getting cheaper. Necessities are not getting cheaper.

That said, humanity has always left things go until they became a crisis. Roman had issues with people pouring garbage into storm drains, and the folks who should have been inspecting the storm drains were busy on more glamorous stuff. Eventually there was a huge storm, Rome flooded, and then they finally got around to a more permanent fix.