Author Topic: 8th grade student supended and arrested for wearing a NRA shirt to school.  (Read 12123 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Good find.  Here is a link to the actual case. 

Not really work. That's my school district and I remember the case.

Also, I was rather peeved at the time, as I wore my shooting camp shirts to school regularly (the same tee this kid wore), as well as my UVA shooting team shirt, and never had a teacher say boo. I could have used that kind of money. :lol:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Disturbing visual:
Wayne LaPierre in dominatrix leathers.

Wrong. That was just wrong.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Not really work. That's my school district and I remember the case.

Also, I was rather peeved at the time, as I wore my shooting camp shirts to school regularly (the same tee this kid wore), as well as my UVA shooting team shirt, and never had a teacher say boo. I could have used that kind of money. :lol:

Sorry, fixed the link.

I took an educational law class back in law school and was amazed a some of the frivolous stuff people sued schools over. That being said, I would have been all over this case.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:05:23 AM by SteveS »
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
Looks like he is back in school, wearing the same shirt, with another hundred kids (per a NRA facebook comment) doing the same. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/22/west-virginia-teen-returns-to-school-with-nra-shir/#ixzz2RIoUEKV2
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I