Author Topic: WI CCW (Apps for residents) starts today  (Read 19874 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
WI CCW (Apps for residents) starts today
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:54:47 AM »
I promise not to duck.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: WI CCW (Apps for residents) starts today
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »
Welcome to 1999. ;)

Chris

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:48:08 AM »
So, those of you in CCW states, who did you shoot first?

Cop?
Nun?
Minority?
Woman?
Child?

Or was it just some other driver, arguing over a parking space?

According to the media, these are all rather probable, so I want to be prepared.
I promise not to duck.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
I forgot to shoot someone because I was busy picking up guns from the streets. They were everywhere!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »

Cop?
Nun?
Minority?
Woman?
Child?

According to the media, these are all rather probable, so I want to be prepared.

The minority woman who quit being a nun to be a cop that is pregnant with her first child.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Still have to work out the training requirement... grr...
Andy

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
I had everything ready a day ago except for the application. At work this morning I printed it out, filled it out and stuffed it into the mail. Now I get to wait up 45 days for the permit.

Just think, according to the media, in less than 45 days I could be issuing "payback" during a road rage incident. "Cut me off, mutha @#%#$  [ar15]

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »
Guys, did you read Eugene Kane's column yesterday in which he talks about worrying about who might be armed? He lives in the ghetto, for crying out loud.

The column is here.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
The headline showed up last night on Yahoo. Before I even clicked the link I knew exactly who wrote it.  ;/
Andy

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 10:52:51 AM »
That was actually fairly balanced (for him)

Mine and Spoon's apps go out tonight... :D
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »

In the mail. I resisted the urge to drive it down to the main Milwaukee branch Post Office on St. Paul Ave just to shave a day off it's travel to Madison.

The local Pewaukee office near my work sufficed.
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »

Cop?
Nun?
Minority?
Woman?
Child?

I did the classic "arguing over a parking space" thing, so the blood would run in the street where it belongs.
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
Good idea, the street has those sewer grates, and has planned drainage etc.
I promise not to duck.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:36 AM »
Anyone from WI decide what their carry gun is going to be already? Right now I have 4 to choose from but I may buy a fifth now that CCW is a reality. The others were more of a stow+go and chosen more for portability than CCW.

The ones I am thinking about buying:
S&W Bodyguard 38
Kimber Solo

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
If I wasn't in Indy, I'd head north, cross the Cheddarcurtain, CCW and shoot my first cheesehead, since the season opened today.  I heard they taste like chicken.

:P :P :P :P
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Still have to work out the training requirement... grr...

I saw a thread on the Appleseed forum yesterday about an Appleseed supposedly being sufficient for the training requirement for CCW.  Gave me a bit of a "WTF" moment. 

Call me old fashioned, but if there's a training requirement for a concealed handgun permit, I think the training requirement should at least bother to care if the training is in handgun proficiency.  Not to denigrate Appleseed (I'm an instructor with them for 4 years), but you might as well take a skeet lesson for your concealed handgun training requirement. ;/

Otherwise, there should be no training requirement.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 12:29:02 PM »
I forgot to shoot someone because I was busy picking up guns from the streets. They were everywhere!
:'(
Not here. I'm feeling discriminated!
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »
Those from the Milwaukee area might want to remember which retailers helped over all those years of fighting to get this passed. The Shooters Shop and Fletcher's did a lot. Badger didn't do anything. Actually they did worse than doing nothing, as they threw out our literature, costing us money.

Also, Bob Pucci, who runs the gun shows, was really generous with giving us tables for free whenever possible, and doing other things. The guys who run the gun show in Fon du Lac (Fon du Lac Sportsmen's club?) kicked Strings and other volunteers out.

Deerfield Pistol Range let us use their shop and range for free for a small fund raiser.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »
Those from the Milwaukee area might want to remember which retailers helped over all those years of fighting to get this passed. The Shooters Shop and Fletcher's did a lot. Badger didn't do anything. Actually they did worse than doing nothing, as they threw out our literature, costing us money.

Also, Bob Pucci, who runs the gun shows, was really generous with giving us tables for free whenever possible, and doing other things. The guys who run the gun show in Fon du Lac (Fon du Lac Sportsmen's club?) kicked Strings and other volunteers out.

Deerfield Pistol Range let us use their shop and range for free for a small fund raiser.

Weird. Every gun show in Fond du Lac I went to they usually allowed Jim Fendry to use the microphone to promote the WI pro gun movement. I seem to remember him promoting CCW. I think I also remember members of the Freemen Militia having a table there a few times too.

Why did they kick the CCW volunteers out?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »

Cop?
Nun?
Minority?
Woman?
Child?

As long as you get "wild west blood in teh streetz!", I don't see that it matters.

(The preceding line is satire.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
Anyone from WI decide what their carry gun is going to be already? Right now I have 4 to choose from but I may buy a fifth now that CCW is a reality. The others were more of a stow+go and chosen more for portability than CCW.

S&W Bodyguard 38

The plastic bodyguard, with the laser, or an older one?
Kimber Solo

I've heard mixed things about the Solo.  It is undeniably pretty, though.

I'm thinking, Taurus 605 for my next trip up the road to Cheeseland.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:41:22 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »

Badger Guns isn't going to be in business much longer anyway.

http://www.wisn.com/news/29519041/detail.html
Andy

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 03:38:32 PM »
>Why did they kick the CCW volunteers out?<

Honestly, we have NO idea.

We came in, and were told "you can't have a table. But feel free to set up right outside the doors. Since all we were doing was handing out literature, we figured "cool". We stood in the cold, handing out flyers and holding the door for people (literally, that's all the more we were doing at that time).

Maybe 2 hours in, this old codger comes out, and informs us that if we want to be there, we could pay the (IIRC) couple hundred for a table, or leave. Or he was calling the police.
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
Badger Guns isn't going to be in business much longer anyway.

http://www.wisn.com/news/29519041/detail.html

No, they'll be there.

They're just doing their third, (or fourth?) FFL shift to a different relative under a new slightly different incorporation.

Either the news media is too ignorant to understand this, or they're intentionally sandbagging the story to create more easy copy with "outrage" when they close on Dec 31 as "Badger Guns", and re-open on Jan 2 as "Badger Firearms Inc." or whatever.

The old Beatovic guy who was the original owner mouthing off that he'd like to see all private sales banned in WI was the more than final straw for me.
I promise not to duck.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »

S&W Bodyguard 38
Kimber Solo

It's pretty much going to be my Glock 26, with my Keltec P32 with a CTC laser on it as backup/micro carry.

I have a Glock 21, but it doesn't work for my hands. I've had it since '94 I really should auction the damn thing off..  I've also got a S&W 66 (4" maybe a bit long), 686 3", and a 36 chief's special I could use.

I'm big enough my HK USP40, wouldn't be much of a problem either.

I've got a Springfield GI "Milspec", but I'd like to get it re-worked if I went that route. Novak sites, some better grips, get the flat mainspring housing, beavertail, other doo-dads added on. I'm not much of a 1911 guy though.

I've been thinking about a KT PF9, or maybe a Walther PPS. However, I don't know that they're really THAT much smaller than the G26, when it disappears so readily, and is so reliable, and a good shooter for me.
I promise not to duck.