Author Topic: Holy [censored]!!!!!  (Read 8127 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Holy [censored]!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »
AD: so in your mind "felons can't own guns" and "anyone that owns a house has to beg for permission to work on it" are equivalent? Really?

Mike: thanks for the helpful and polite commentary. Have fun groveling for permission to do what you want with your own property, always nice to see someone who really needs the government to hold their little hands and protect them from themselves.

Hawkmoon: how about you address my argument? Can the State make you ask for permission before working on your car? Should you have to ask permission and pay a fee and have the setup inspected before you can reload?

Again, if you have ever bought a firearm from an FFL, then you too have "begged permission" from the gov't to own it.   I mean yes, you have the option of a face to face transaction, but even then, you have to follow the law (oh no, gotta stick within the boundaries of what the gov't gives you permission to do!) and be fortunate enough to find someone selling whatever gun you want to buy.  

Now, how about you address my question?  Why is "you don't own it until it's paid off" "utter BS"?  Until the mortgage is paid off, whoever owns the mortgage note has a legal financial interest in the property.  They may or may not be listed on the title, but until you fulfill your part of the contract (pay off the mortgage), they are part owners of the property.  
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
Again, if you have ever bought a firearm from an FFL, then you too have "begged permission" from the gov't to own it.   I mean yes, you have the option of a face to face transaction, but even then, you have to follow the law (oh no, gotta stick within the boundaries of what the gov't gives you permission to do!) and be fortunate enough to find someone selling whatever gun you want to buy.  

Now, how about you address my question?  Why is "you don't own it until it's paid off" "utter BS"?  Until the mortgage is paid off, whoever owns the mortgage note has a legal financial interest in the property.  They may or may not be listed on the title, but until you fulfill your part of the contract (pay off the mortgage), they are part owners of the property.  

Transfer of ownership is not the same as doing what you wish with property you own. You do grok the difference, yes?

Do you own a car if there is a note against it? Do you own anything if it was paid for via credit card with an outstanding balance? If the bank is the rightful owner of the property, do they have rights to do with it as they wish? And in the end, why does a private contract between you and a bank (which may or may not be applicable since mortgages are not universal) have any bearing on what the .gov does? Is your local .gov the enforcement arm of your bank, working to make sure you don't devalue their assets?

So, just so I'm clear, you're ok with needing .gov permission to work on your own car, and needing a .gov inspector to approve your reloading setup right? If you had to pull a permit and get an inspection to work on your brakes, that's totally cool yes? If not, why is that different from electrical work?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
In this thread. Idiots arguing semantics
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »
In this thread. Idiots arguing semantics
Not to mention the personal attacks... ;/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 03:38:23 PM »
Guilty.

Calm down.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »
I was intentionally being an ass. Was a joke
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2012, 04:53:13 PM »
I think property owners vs local governing bodies discussions brings out the worst in a lot of people, I certainly threw my share of fuel on that fire.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »
Are you saying we should lift all gov't restrictions and allow these people to own guns?   Because clearly we're violating their property rights by not allowing them to own guns.   Oh, and if you've ever bought a firearm from a licensed dealer, you *have* asked the gov't for permission.  Or did you not fill out a 4473, or go through a NICS check

Well, yes, you are right, we should.

Or at least most of them.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 05:45:13 PM »
Sometimes, when all is right between me, myself, and I, this stuff can glide by without me thinking I have to comment.
Other days, when I'm lucky, the thread gets closed down before I get here.
A bad day has me trying to be snide and convincing you all that someone is an ass.
Just like electrical work, it's all about a man knowing his limits.
7-11 was a part time job.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »
The bank does not own your house, they have a lien on it. There is a very large difference. If they owned your house they could walk in and out as they pleased and do with what they pleased. I've yet to come home one day and see an officer from the USDA making a sandwich in my kitchen despite the lien they hold on my house.

Not seeing the need to do something is also not the same as being unwilling do so when required. As well thumbing your nose at the local permit office is far less likely to result in you being shot or serving decades in prison as thumbing your nose at the ATF is.

Permits are a revenue stream for government with the window dressing of public safety.
Look, tiny text!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »
Sometimes, when all is right between me, myself, and I, this stuff can glide by without me thinking I have to comment.
Other days, when I'm lucky, the thread gets closed down before I get here.
A bad day has me trying to be snide and convincing you all that someone is an ass.
Just like electrical work, it's all about a man knowing his limits.
I have stepped out for a day or two, came back, and been surprised/disappointed at what I posted.  We all have our bad days.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
Permits are a revenue stream for government with the window dressing of public safety.

Not true in my state. I would guess that fewer than one-third of the departments, statewide, bring in enough in permit fees to actually cover the cost of running the department. There was one suburban town about five years ago that publicly stated an intent to raise fees (by a HUGE amount, like on the order of 200 percent) without adding any staff or equipment to the building inspection department. They were clear that the intent was to turn it into a profit center. The residents (taxpayers) were equally clear that they wanted no part of it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »
Hawkmoon: how about you address my argument? Can the State make you ask for permission before working on your car?

Yes, they can. My state doesn't, but they can.

Should you have to ask permission and pay a fee and have the setup inspected before you can reload?

If personal reloading reaches a point where significant numbers (and it would be up to a legislature to determine what they think a "significant" number is) of people are being injured by home reloaders, then it could certainly be argued that the state should regulate who can do so. Before you start screaming at me again, remember that there is no "right of the People to load ammunition at home" in the 2nd Amendment. The 2A does say that the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and even in the face of that we have people who are regular members of PRO-gun forums who advocate mandatory training and testing before issuing a carry permit. (I am not one of those advocates, for the record.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 01:35:43 PM »
Not as a question of capabilities, but do you think that would be justified and consistent withimited government? Would you participate?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
Don't have to go that far.  Just get a meter on a utility pole with a single breaker and a NEMA 6-50 outdoor receptacle.  That's the only thing that needs a permit/inspection.  You run your entire house off a cord and plug, and it's out of their scope (the house is just a temporary appliance, not unlike a toaster)

Maybe 2 receptacles; one for the house and one for the garage/workshop/barn/whatever outbuilding.
Not quite, The national electrical code would consider this temporary wiring and is limited to 60-90 days. (don't hold me to the time fram I don't fell like digging out a code book)
So it would have to be disconnected after a given time.
Now if you house has wheels and you move it around every few months you are good.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »
Solar  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Solar  ;)

Solar falls under the jurisdiction of NEC. 
7-11 was a part time job.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 01:25:36 PM »
Building codes and inspections are to hold down insurance company costs. (Reduce claims).

You do risk having a claim denied if they can prove that the work which caused the loss wasn't to code/inspected.

Some places have also used the permitting process as an "Additional Revenue Stream".

And many are filled with petty bureaucrats whose singular joy in life is saying "No".  Many are part of said place's "Planning and Zoning" department.

Who shall be among the first up against the wall when the revolution comes....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »
Solar falls under the jurisdiction of NEC. 

So I reckon that you are still scrood if you live in some town.  You'd have to have a bldg permit just to mount the damn panels  :facepalm:

Out here in the bush where I live, you can build virtually anything (assuming some defense satellite doesn't raise an alarm  :P ) and unless you connect to the grid you don't need a permit for anything.

Well, you're supposed to have a permit for a septic system ...  =|

I should ask my neighbor that built an off-grid home a couple miles from here.  He has solar power and rain-water collection.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
Only thing you need an electrician for is the stuff between the panel and the meter head. Anything before the meter head is on the service to take care of. Anything panel or after is on you, and can be replaced like in kind sans permit. Unless Oregon is way, way different than WA.

Oregon recently jailed/imprisoned or at least heavily fined and felonied some rancher for collecting rain water and runoff into a pond, the water belongs to the collective said Oregon law.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
So I reckon that you are still scrood if you live in some town.  You'd have to have a bldg permit just to mount the damn panels  :facepalm:

Out here in the bush where I live, you can build virtually anything (assuming some defense satellite doesn't raise an alarm  :P ) and unless you connect to the grid you don't need a permit for anything.

Well, you're supposed to have a permit for a septic system ...  =|

I should ask my neighbor that built an off-grid home a couple miles from here.  He has solar power and rain-water collection.

out here in the middle of nowhere, the permit inspectors or whomever they are have to drive roughly 300 miles to inspect anything, my friend did all this electrical work to code - they drove up, said "looks great" and never got out of the car! :lol:

most folks out here are off grid and some stuff is overbuilt other stuff is what I like to call "chicken coop tech"

lots of folks out here are supposed to do this and that and don't do either.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »
Oregon recently jailed/imprisoned or at least heavily fined and felonied some rancher for collecting rain water and runoff into a pond, the water belongs to the collective said Oregon law.

factually impaired statement
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2012, 06:22:47 PM »
out here in the middle of nowhere, the permit inspectors or whomever they are have to drive roughly 300 miles to inspect anything, my friend did all this electrical work to code - they drove up, said "looks great" and never got out of the car! :lol:

most folks out here are off grid and some stuff is overbuilt other stuff is what I like to call "chicken coop tech"

lots of folks out here are supposed to do this and that and don't do either.

So they follow the Ron Swanson code?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
"chicken coop tech"

The Monroe "brothers" ?   :lol:

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »
Jamis while I would generally agree with your statement about living in an HOA.
That was until I moved to Las Vegas.  Where a majority of the neighborhoods are HOA controlled.
Here you only have the choice of which HOA you will live under.  Fortunately we live in an area that only has a community land management HOA.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76