Author Topic: Holy [censored]!!!!!  (Read 8124 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Holy [censored]!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2012, 01:53:06 PM »
Well, yes, you are right, we should.

Or at least most of them.

Agreed.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »
The Monroe "brothers" ?   :lol:

At first glance, I thought you meant Bill and Charlie, then .... lol
7-11 was a part time job.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
At first glance, I thought you meant Bill and Charlie, then .... lol

Alf and Ralph  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2012, 10:59:59 PM »
out here in the middle of nowhere, the permit inspectors or whomever they are have to drive roughly 300 miles to inspect anything, my friend did all this electrical work to code - they drove up, said "looks great" and never got out of the car! :lol:

most folks out here are off grid and some stuff is overbuilt other stuff is what I like to call "chicken coop tech"

lots of folks out here are supposed to do this and that and don't do either.

Driving is a piece of cake.

A decade or so ago I was at a conference with a guy who worked in the Massachusetts office that certifies town building inspectors. Like a number of states, Massachusetts had (and I assume still has) a law requiring some number of hours of annual in-service training to keep the license active. One year, going through their records, they found one inspector who had not been to any in-service training classes -- ever. So they sent him a letter informing him that they were going to de-certify him.

So he called them up and told them to take their license and shove it. "And good luck finding a replacement," he said.

Naturally, they (the state) asked, "Why?" So he told them.

Seems there's a small island (much smaller than Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard) off the coast of Massachusetts. Mostly it houses a Coast Guard station, but there is a small village there, probably occupied mostly by CG dependents and a few lobstermen (which is what this building inspector actually did for a living). He issued maybe two building permits a year, and all for single family houses (Coast Guard buildings being exempt from the state code). The guy explained to them that in order for him to attend one of their classes, he would have to leave home at about 4:00 a.m., take an hour and a half boat ride to the mainland (weather permitting), rent a car, drive to wherever the class was being held, return the rental car, and then take the boat ride back to the island. If he was lucky, he might get home by late evening. All to attend classes about things he would never, ever see on Cuttyhunk Island.

In a momentary attack of common sense, the department created a special class of license, allowing him to inspect single family houses without attending in-service training.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2012, 11:05:59 PM »
"Licensed" electricians do not impress me. I cannot count on the number of times a "licensed" electrician has given me not just bad, but terrible advice, ranging from simply advice that would merely cause property damage (just put a bigger breaker in it to keep the current one from tripping instead of finding what is causing the fault) to advice that would cause severe injury or death (yeah, that 480v box over there that used to power this air handler, it doesn't have anything hooked up to it now that I rerouted the cable, so you can take it off the wall and toss it. That box was live)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!