Author Topic: Active shooter reported at Ohio State  (Read 8522 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Active shooter reported at Ohio State
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:56:38 AM »
Active shooter reported on the main campus of Ohio State University in Columbus.  Reports of 7-9 injuries, depending on the source of the news.  Reportedly in or near Watts Hall, a Materials Science and Engineering building.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/11/28/active-shooter-reported-at-osu-campus/

http://www.10tv.com/article/reports-active-shooter-ohio-state-campus

I'll post more as I hear, as my bailiff is getting dispatch reports.  Early reports on the dispatch is two shooters, one may be dead at this point.  Also, report that this all started when fire department was dispatched as a result of a chlorine leak at the lab in the building. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Active shooter reported at Ohio State
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
Active shooter reported on the main campus of Ohio State University in Columbus.  Reports of 7-9 injuries, depending on the source of the news.  Reportedly in or near Watts Hall, a Materials Science and Engineering building.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/11/28/active-shooter-reported-at-osu-campus/

http://www.10tv.com/article/reports-active-shooter-ohio-state-campus

I'll post more as I hear, as my bailiff is getting dispatch reports.  Early reports on the dispatch is two shooters, one may be dead at this point.  Also, report that this all started when fire department was dispatched as a result of a chlorine leak at the lab in the building. 

I'm noticing a trend that every time one of these happens, there is a report of multiple shooters in the preliminary dispatches, only to be found to be a lone murderer after the initial confusion is cleared.

HOPEFULLY, the one dead shooter is all that there was.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »
I'm noticing a trend that every time one of these happens, there is a report of multiple shooters in the preliminary dispatches, only to be found to be a lone murderer after the initial confusion is cleared.

HOPEFULLY, the one dead shooter is all that there was.

Agreed.  What's weird here is an early report that two guys in a red SUV rammed the building and then ran in, one with a gun and the other with a large knife.  Odd details for panicked witnesses getting things wrong.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:18 PM »
Now reporting only 4 of the 8/9 injured suffered gunshot wounds.  No details on other injuries.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 12:11:29 PM »
Lovely. In the Uber thread, I was just saying how I am scheduled to visit OSU next week, gun-free of course, because despite having CC permits in every state I will be traveling in, it's probably illegal 20 times over for me to actually travel armed in any effective way, between the multiple states, air travel, gun free zones, and college campuses being victim disarmament zones.

I guess I could back out based on this, but the risk next week is probably not higher than any other time.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 12:15:51 PM »
Now reporting only 4 of the 8/9 injured suffered gunshot wounds.  No details on other injuries.

CNN says one prof. injured with machete.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
CNN says one prof. injured with machete.

Local NBC affiliate just said that there are several knife injuries, one vehicular injury, and several injuries still being evaluated.  Wonder what that means...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »
 Jihad for $400, Alex.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 01:19:59 PM »
Local NBC affiliate just said that there are several knife injuries, one vehicular injury, and several injuries still being evaluated.  Wonder what that means...

I saw a report that a fire alarm was pulled. When students evacuated the building, a vehicle was waiting and plowed into the crowd, then two people jumped out. One was armed with a gun, the other had a knife (or a machete).

Waiting for corroboration, and more details.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »
Jihad for $400, Alex.

Trump deniers for $500, Alex.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 01:23:47 PM »
I saw a report that a fire alarm was pulled. When students evacuated the building, a vehicle was waiting and plowed into the crowd, then two people jumped out. One was armed with a gun, the other had a knife (or a machete).

Waiting for corroboration, and more details.

Press conference just reported that the 9 injured were 4 stab/slash injuries from a large butcher knife, four from vehicular crash, one as yet undetermined.  No gunshot wounds.  Search for second suspect has turned up no one.  Sounds like it may have been mistake in the chaos of the car driving into the crowd.  Unclear if alarm was pulled before the crash.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »
Having now listened in on two press conferences, it sounds like the only shots fired came from the first officer on scene, and were the shots that killed the bad guy with the large knife.  Sounds like the witnesses hearing shots heard the officer's shots.  Sounds like he was right near the scene when the bag guy drove into the crowd/building, which may be why only 4-5 people were cut/stabbed.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »
Having now listened in on two press conferences, it sounds like the only shots fired came from the first officer on scene, and were the shots that killed the bad guy with the large knife.  Sounds like the witnesses hearing shots heard the officer's shots.  Sounds like he was right near the scene when the bag guy drove into the crowd/building, which may be why only 4-5 people were cut/stabbed.

Gee... it's almost as if the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun knife and a car is with a good guy with a gun.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »
Gee... it's almost as if the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun knife and a car is with a good guy with a gun.

How much did Big Guns pay you to say that, troll?  :mad:

(I was going to say it, but I haven't gotten my payment from Big Guns, yet.)

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-dead-after-ohio-state-university-car-knife-attack-n689076
...law enforcement officials told NBC News he was a Somali refugee who was a legal permanent resident of the United States.

The motive was unknown, but officials said the attack was clearly deliberate and may have been planned in advance.

So he's from Somalia, and wasn't acting in self-defense. I'm not saying it's jihadis, but it's jihadis.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 02:51:50 PM »
Idiots in the media are still calling for stricter gun control even after finding out the attacker didn't use a gun.  It's all "imagine how much worse it could have been".  Example.

They are not calling for stricter Somali refugee control.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 02:58:09 PM »
Idiots in the media are still calling for stricter gun control even after finding out the attacker didn't use a gun.  It's all "imagine how much worse it could have been".  Example.

How differently this turned out than Virginia Tech and Columbine and Colorado Springs and Aurora and Roseburg and Charleston  and Newtown and San Bernardino and Orlando and ...

All those places where there wasn't a good guy with a gun?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 03:13:24 PM »
Yeah, the luck here turned on the fact that the bad guy literally hit a wall with his car, and the officer was on scene very quickly after bad guy got out and started stabbing/slashing.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »

So he's from Somalia, and wasn't acting in self-defense. I'm not saying it's jihadis, but it's jihadis.

$400 for fistful.

Yep, good thing I was sitting down when I read about the perp.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:37 PM »
$400 for fistful.

Yep, good thing I was sitting down when I read about the perp.

Where is the meme with the "Ancient Aliens" guy when you need him.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 04:53:33 PM »
We may never be able to unravel the motive in such a random attack as this. It's best if we don't jump to any conclusions when we see these isolated incidents repeatedly happening.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re: Active Islamist reported at Ohio State
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 04:54:10 PM »
Can the OP please change the thread title?

See my suggestion above.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »

They are not calling for stricter Somali refugee control.

Or stricter car control.

Look what one guy with a truck managed to do in France ...

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend

Perd Hapley

• friend