Author Topic: Active shooter reported at Ohio State  (Read 8508 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Active shooter reported at Ohio State
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »
Wow. Missed that.  New phone auto corrected crap to crappie.  Funny.
I thought you were talking about that idiotic movie with the police robots (chappie?).  I have heard it referred to as crappie.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »
We may never be able to unravel the motive in such a random attack as this. It's best if we don't jump to any conclusions when we see these isolated incidents repeatedly happening.

But if significantly similar incidents (as in mass attacks, perpetrated by Muslim immigrants) occur "repeatedly," is it accurate or correct to label them "isolated"? I know the plural of anecdote is not data, but at what point in the expansion of a consistent pattern do we stop calling them "isolated incidents" and start acknowledging that they are part of a continuing pattern?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
But if significantly similar incidents (as in mass attacks, perpetrated by Muslim immigrants) occur "repeatedly," is it accurate or correct to label them "isolated"? I know the plural of anecdote is not data, but at what point in the expansion of a consistent pattern do we stop calling them "isolated incidents" and start acknowledging that they are part of a continuing pattern?

I suspect zahc was employing a bit of dry humor.

and why do we need to know the motive?  If it looks like a jihadi, acts like a jihadi, and kills like a jihadi, then it probably IS a muslim terrorist. 

You're just saying he was a Muslim terrorist because he was a Muslim, and a terrorist. That's racist!  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2016, 04:49:43 PM »
So on NPR this afternoon, they interviewed the leader of the Somali community in Ohio. He repeatedly condemned the actions of this man and the Somali in MN who did stabbing earlier this year.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536