Author Topic: Don't tase me, bow wow  (Read 1176 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Don't tase me, bow wow
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »
A police officer used a stun gun on a German shepherd that was preventing paramedics from entering the home of an unresponsive man.

One of the stun gun probes hit the dog's eye, requiring its removal.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/dog-shocked-after-hampering-paramedics/article_5dba212a-1033-5cf1-a2ed-06c017e408e6.html
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Don't tase me, bow wow
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »
A police officer used a stun gun on a German shepherd that was preventing paramedics from entering the home of an unresponsive man.

One of the stun gun probes hit the dog's eye, requiring its removal.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/dog-shocked-after-hampering-paramedics/article_5dba212a-1033-5cf1-a2ed-06c017e408e6.html

Poor puppy.

I'll give the officer a pass on the eye-shot, because I know cops are awful shots as a rule and couldn't possibly have actually hit it if he had been aiming for it. >:D  Zap the puppy, paramedics save master inside, vet fixes up puppy for being stoopid but protective of home.  Sucks, but it's the best win you can ask for in this one.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »
Poor puppy.

I'll give the officer a pass on the eye-shot, because I know cops are awful shots as a rule and couldn't possibly have actually hit it if he had been aiming for it. >:D  Zap the puppy, paramedics save master inside, vet fixes up puppy for being stoopid but protective of home.  Sucks, but it's the best win you can ask for in this one.

As often as we hear stories of cops killing people's pets (whether justified or not), I'd rather have my pooch tazed than dead.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
I'm not being critical, but I guess I'd make a poor cop because I sure wouldn't want to hurt somebody's dog that was just doing what it was supposed to do.

Now a vicious dog running loose ...  [ar15]
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
Far cry from shooting a kenneled dog in a drug raid.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »
Poor pup, but these things happen. Better to lose an eye then a loving master.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
Yep, the pup was just doing his job. But better tazed than dead, which is how some cops would have handled it. Still sad that he lost an eye, but in all likelihood, it'll bother his humans more than it bothers him, once he heals. My pup is deaf and the only one of us it bothers is me.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »
Taser probes are not aimed - they are broadcast.

Ask any K-9 cop - his dog is there to take one so the cop(s) don't have to.

Puppy was doing what it thought was right.  Cop was doing what he thought was right.  At least the cops took the puppy for vet care (yes, I'm presuming it was the cops who got the puppy to the vet).

Given the totality of the situation I'm calling this one a good outcome.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »
Poor dog, but at least she's alive.
As others have stated, it could've been a lot worse.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 10:13:53 PM »
Cop should be tasted in the eye for his stupidity. If you train your dog not to let anyone near you then you deserve not to relieve quick care.
But I also believe all cops should have a snare in there car to deal with stuff like this.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »
Extra steak for the dog
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."