Author Topic: Crazed Gunman Critically Injures 4  (Read 697 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Crazed Gunman Critically Injures 4
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »
Ban Gunman?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »
Lisa Gunman? Halloween cat woman costume with mask? Michael Stabbingvictim? The Onion? Spoof?
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:30:46 PM »
i thought we needed a chuckle  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
i thought we needed a chuckle

Okay, I chuckled. But a couple of years ago, a political science professor e-mailed me an Onion article about some political atrocity that he, not being familiar with The Onion, had swallowed whole. I clued him in and he thanked me for doing so before he spread the story further thus making his gullibility widely known.

Same guy, a Viet vet, looked down his nose a bit at those of us that carried.  Then one day he came in muttering something about an incredibly slow police responce, bought a pistol, and qualified for his own CCW/CPL.

He owes me.  =D
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell