Author Topic: But it was OK in Boston ...  (Read 760 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
But it was OK in Boston ...
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »
http://billingsgazette.com/news/weird-news/vehicle-with-mounted-gun-panics-detroit-suburb/article_96b4976f-e41f-5f6a-9075-2387ca6d9ae1.html

Man drives around Detroit on July 4th in armored vehicle creating panic.

I would have just assumed that it was the police  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: But it was OK in Boston ...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
"Answer the following survey to continue reading this article."  ;/

If he was actually blasting off gas blanks at random then of course people are going to call 911.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »
"Answer the following survey to continue reading this article."  ;/

If he was actually blasting off gas blanks at random then of course people are going to call 911.

Oh, if you put BG on your restricted sites list then you won't get pop ups asking you to pay for viewing, etc  >:D  you don't get photos either, but ...

Anyway, how do you know that it's not "911" going around shooting from their armored SWAT vehicle  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »
The viking helmet and maniacal laughter?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »
The viking helmet and maniacal laughter?

Sounds like a cop to me  ;)   :lol:

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »
Man, if that was in my impound yard, I would be firing it off.  For quality control or something.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »
can anyone tell why idiots like this don't get shot?  don't get me wrong, if i see someone firing a .50 on my street i'll be running for cover, but whether it's madonna or this guy pointing a "gun" at me (or my neighbors) i'm sure my pistol would be drawn.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »
If someone was driving a unmarked "technical" with a VERY realistic looking belt-fed in the bed, with someone on the trigger, apparently cranking off bursts at targets of opportunity in your neighborhood, what would/should be your response?  It MIGHT occur to a reasonable person to attempt to engage from cover. 

It would seem that a person in the back of a slow-moving Hilux is very vulnerable.  As is the driver, and
other fiddly bits of the truck.  If I had nerves of steel, and not scared poopless, it might occur to try to disable the truck and see what the reaction of the mounted force is.  OTOH, the proper reaction might be different in the the tony suburbs of, oh, Mogadishu than Detroit.

Note: I didn't read the article, so I'm not commenting on that.  I just didn't want to start a new thread that might well be closely related to this one.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.