Author Topic: I guess I'm joining the Liberal camp  (Read 932 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I guess I'm joining the Liberal camp
« on: June 18, 2014, 12:02:40 AM »
An app that helps you find a place where others agree with your political/social views:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/06/17/where-your-ideology-says-you-should-live/

I picked Missouri, and all of the Red answers, except that I took out the church attendance question. It says Liberal, Missouri is the place for me.

When I cop to being a Bible-beater, Liberal drops to 3rd place. Bunch o' heathens.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: I guess I'm joining the Liberal camp
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 12:12:35 AM »
According to that test, I should live in Matlock, Washington: a sparsely populated logging town in Mason County, about 95 miles SE of Seattle.  Or, I could live in Darrington, another sparsely populated logging town about 45 miles NE of me here in Snohomish County.

I am clearly going to have to hire Tallpine as my logging teacher.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 12:37:20 AM »
Just for kicks, I hit "disagree" for everything and then started rolling through Western states that I'm familiar with. It kept putting me way out in BFE when there were plenty of better rural choices that would easily meet, and likely exceed the criteria. Everything was showing up with 40% and higher of the population as "pro-tax". I find that hard to believe for a whole lot of rural places. I find it hard to believe for a whole lot of urban places.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 01:15:40 AM »
1. Rangely, CO
2. Sedalia, CO
3. Meeker, CO
4. Walden, CO
5. Elbert, CO

I dunno.  Golden suits me fine.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:20:36 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 01:43:05 AM »
Just for kicks, I hit "disagree" for everything and then started rolling through Western states that I'm familiar with. It kept putting me way out in BFE when there were plenty of better rural choices that would easily meet, and likely exceed the criteria. Everything was showing up with 40% and higher of the population as "pro-tax". I find that hard to believe for a whole lot of rural places. I find it hard to believe for a whole lot of urban places.

It seems that their demographics aren't any good. I chose "Nevada" and put "disagree" on the "I  prefer urban areas", and it put me in Reno, stating that the population density is "1.629 per square mile". I know they claim they're the Biggest Little City in the world, but it's still a city, and the population density sure isn't that small.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:27:56 AM »
These quizzes are just as scientific as the "Which color unicorn are you?" or "What type of mythical creature are you?" quizzes that are on FB . . . .

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 09:42:02 AM »
Disagree with everything except "attend religious services" and it puts me in Nowheresville, central Illinois. 

And disagreeing with "loves me dem Devilcrats" should have prompted the quiz to tell me to leave this state.

If Pew wants to waste their time with nonsense, I'm good with that. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 09:58:34 AM »
Well, there's not too many liberals in Alabama, so the not attending church regularly and not liking urban areas put me in Weogufka. Never heard of it. Must be where they send people who don't go to church.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »
If Pew wants to waste their time with nonsense, I'm good with that. 

We really just need to look at the creating entity. Pew is so left leaning that it's ridiculous. I dealt with Pew Ocean Commission people in the old job, and mostly what ran through my head during meetings was, "Should I shoot them, or just shoot myself?"

I saw that their "pro gun control" (versus "pro gun") numbers seemed to run quite high as well. I have to wonder if the information collection questions were "Do you want to ban handguns?" as for gun control, or "Do you approve of NICS instant checks?" as for gun control. It would be just like them to do the latter and then say, "See, a vast majority of Americans want more gun control".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 11:07:55 AM »
These quizzes are just as scientific as the "Which color unicorn are you?" or "What type of mythical creature are you?" quizzes that are on FB . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLLU33v58Kw
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

erictank

• friends
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »

You're... not saying I'm not actually MAGNETO, are you?!?

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
You're... not saying I'm not actually MAGNETO, are you?!?

I should have qualified my statement: Those quizzes are not accurate, except for the Firefly quizzes that say I'm most like Mal . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht