Author Topic: Update for Zimmerman sells his gun, since the other thread was locked apparently  (Read 1473 times)

freakazoid

• friend
http://controversialtimes.com/news/gun-george-zimmerman-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin-just-sold-the-amount-is-staggering/?utm_source=AFY

TL;DR, $120,000! :O

Apparently the Department of Justice tried to have the pistol rendered inoperable. ??? Anybody know the story behind that?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

brimic

• friends
Maybe the DOJ planned to destroy it after they planned to have the batfe try to make it fire full auto?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
...the other thread was locked apparently

Yeah, but not the other other one.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
I wonder if that will boost the value of other PF-9s as "a gun just like the one..."

Here's another hot-button question:  Did they return the guy's original ammunition, too ?  And "the" shell casing?  (Hey, just askin' as a matter of legal principles, don't get all wonky on me.)

I heard about the DOJ (or somebody "official") demanding that the gun be destroyed, and I was wondering about those details, too.

(LOL at the joke about the BATFE trying to make it go full auto.  :rofl: )
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
you take an ordinary, uneducated guy.  Subject him to stress beyond what most of us could handle.  Drag him through the (so called) Florida Justice system,  with the prosecution stacked against him.  Have the entire Federal DOJ on call to supply whatever information, or dis information the prosecution and BLM folks could ask for.  With all that, since there was no case against him to start with, the State and Feds failed to make any thing stick against him.
At the same time, subject the fellow to the full weight and fury of the social justice warrior system, with all of America's media and political correctness stacked against him.
What the heck do y'all expect?  No one in America has had a bigger target on his back.  George was just not educated, raised, or had the big brains that his critics have.  Still, he persevered, and survived.  I am inclined to cut him some slack.

MechAg94

• friend
Don't forget about liberals harassing him like that one guy that took a shot at him (was that last year?). 

I wonder if someone wanted the gun or just wanted to help him out a little?  I doubt I would want to keep the gun, but I don't have that kind of money to pay.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
you take an ordinary, uneducated guy.  Subject him to stress beyond what most of us could handle.  Drag him through the (so called) Florida Justice system,  with the prosecution stacked against him.  Have the entire Federal DOJ on call to supply whatever information, or dis information the prosecution and BLM folks could ask for.  With all that, since there was no case against him to start with, the State and Feds failed to make any thing stick against him.
At the same time, subject the fellow to the full weight and fury of the social justice warrior system, with all of America's media and political correctness stacked against him.
What the heck do y'all expect?  No one in America has had a bigger target on his back.  George was just not educated, raised, or had the big brains that his critics have.  Still, he persevered, and survived.  I am inclined to cut him some slack.

Agreed.  Poor schnook just got the dirty end of the shitstick.  His description of the auction in the OP's link reads pretty well.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Good for him.

Maybe he can use it to rebuild after his life was unjustly ruined by the President himself and his lackeys in government and the press. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Agreed.  Poor schnook just got the dirty end of the shitstick. 

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Good for him.

Maybe he can use it to rebuild after his life was unjustly ruined by the President himself and his lackeys in government and the press. 

That's going to be his best option.

As mentioned, he's broke otherwise.  That's about 4 years of living expenses.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
That's going to be his best option.

As mentioned, he's broke otherwise.  That's about 4 years of living expenses.

Well, unless Obama calls the IRS.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Well, unless Obama calls the IRS.

Oh, I hope he's not dumb enough to not declare that as income.

He couldn't be THAT dumb -- could he?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Oh, I hope he's not dumb enough to not declare that as income.

He couldn't be THAT dumb -- could he?

He is that dumb.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Regardless of if he's dumb or smart, I'm betting donuts right now that he gets audited for his 2016 taxes. Just one last dig by the .gov.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Regardless of if he's dumb or smart, I'm betting donuts right now that he gets audited for his 2016 taxes. Just one last another dig by the .gov.

FTFY.

The liberals that make up the majority of government workers will never give this man peace, of that I am certain.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought