Author Topic: If Senator Cruz loses, who are they going to blame.  (Read 697 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
If Senator Cruz loses, who are they going to blame.
« on: October 08, 2018, 08:57:54 AM »
I saw a poll this morning that shows O'Rourke beating Cruz, 53-47. The rest show the numbers flipped the other way.

So if Beto manages to win, who is the establishment going to blame?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: If Senator Cruz loses, who are they going to blame.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »
The Republican establishment will blame Cruz for losing. This despite their typical lackluster election season leadership designed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 03:35:29 PM »
There have been polls claiming that all year.  I have heard polls have shifted toward Cruz the last couple weeks.  He was already leading before that.  

But if you want to have a thread about bashing establishment R's, I will leave you to it.  I don't care for them either.  I just like Democrats even less. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »
Hopefully this whole Kavanaugh fiasco will redpill some of the establishment types.

The establishment Republicans always had a “home” even when Democrats were in power.

With the new and improved intersectional, woke, non-white Democrats taking over the party there will not be a seat at the table let alone a home for any Republicans. Straight white Democrat males will increasingly struggle to even have a voice in their own party.

When the exodus of straight white non-marxist politicians and voters occurs from the Democrat party, hopefully the Republicans will be smart enough to not give them any say or power over policy.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
Beto O'Rourke.  The Wendy Davis Story, part II..
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:09:58 PM »
Hopefully this whole Kavanaugh fiasco will redpill some of the establishment types.

The establishment Republicans always had a “home” even when Democrats were in power.

With the new and improved intersectional, woke, non-white Democrats taking over the party there will not be a seat at the table let alone a home for any Republicans. Straight white Democrat males will increasingly struggle to even have a voice in their own party.

When the exodus of straight white non-marxist politicians and voters occurs from the Democrat party, hopefully the Republicans will be smart enough to not give them any say or power over policy.

I figure some of the anti-Trump R's will get the hint that the Democrats are the real opposition, not Trump.  I don't hold out hope that they will change their spots much, but at least they might not work with Dems against Trump.  I think some of them realize that Trump could do a campaign rally for one of their primary challengers and they would be in trouble. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
I figure some of the anti-Trump R's will get the hint that the Democrats are the real opposition, not Trump. 

That will be interesting to track post Kavanaugh. I'll have to do some perusing and see what Bill Kristol is saying nowadays. He was a somewhat reasonable establishment R voice just a few years ago, but his train derailed when Trump got elected.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »
Beto O'Rourke.  The Wendy Davis Story, part II..

That's my guess.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 08:28:52 PM »
That's my guess.

This is my hope.

That, and that any actual latinos look at that pasty white mick and roll their eyes over the "beto" BS.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 10:49:35 PM »
But if you want to have a thread about bashing establishment R's, I will leave you to it.  I don't care for them either.  I just like Democrats even less.

You're trying to take all the fun out of it.   :P
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 10:51:08 PM »

I don't know much about how Texas is, just thought that any incumbent GOP was pretty safe to win by double digits.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536