Main Forums > The Roundtable

Quick etiquette question

(1/3) > >>

Stickjockey:
Is it okay to send a resume/cover letter to a company from your present workplace?

K Frame:
I don't think it's a question of etiquette.

I think it's a question of whether or not your current employer will fire you if they find out...

SADShooter:
The prospective employer won't care. How discreet do you need to be? Are there repercussion, such as Mike references? Is there an enforced policy on use of company resources for personal business? If the recipent calls and speaks to someone other than you, will there be a problem? I've done it, but if you're concerned, I'd go FedEx/Kinko's, etc.

grampster:
If you use present company letterhead, envelope and postage and you sent it to me, I'd throw it in the wastebasket because you'd be, at best disrespecting your present employer, so why would I want to hire you.   At worst, improperly using corporate property that does not belong to you.  Again, not a good picture for a potential employor.

SpookyPistolero:
I agree with previous statements, but the bigger question for me is why try? It's got lots of potential costs and it doesn't cost you anything extra to just wait and do it from home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version