Author Topic: Reinstall complete  (Read 12548 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Reinstall complete
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2016, 03:20:28 PM »
I'll give it a try.

Don't sweat it.  I can be patient on a fix, if a theme change doesn't do it.

BTW, the look and layout page says 3000+ people are using Babylon, 300 some odd are using "Forum or Board Default" (which actually looks OK), and no one is using Manas or whatever the other one is.

I reset everyone to default. 

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
Which theme blocks out posts from those deplorable Trump voters?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »
Huh. I had thought I was on default, but turns out I was on Babylon. When Rev changed everyone to default, my layout changed. I just changed back to Babylon and that still works fine. Anyway, first world forum problems.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »
Lookin' good!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
Looks normal now. Miles de gracias.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »
I'm really terrible at this "screw it, being lazy for the rest of the day" thing.  Ah well, at least everything is working
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2016, 12:40:58 PM »
So... that was fun.

Round 1:
Attempted to upgrade to SMF 2.x. It didn't go well.
Internet at home started cutting out and then died. Which has never happened previously except for severe storms.
Went into work.
Undid the SMF 2.x install, reinstalled 1.1.21. Re-enabled certain add-on packages (anti-spam).

Round 2:
Icons fixed.
Didn't remember the exact order of the boards. So... I just put the boards in an order that kinda sorta made sense, kinda sorta random. Good enough for government work.
Set file permissions to more secure settings. Previously some were 777, which was very bad.

Think that's everything. Going home, today sucked.

Lemme know if anything else is hinky.

Thanks, Rev.

I had at one point mirrored the software on a VM, and had all kinds of difficulty getting it to upgrade.

I probably could have sorted it, but it would have taken a lot of time, which I didn't ever seem to have.  I appreciate you dealing with this.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2016, 01:01:25 PM »
Thanks, Rev.

I had at one point mirrored the software on a VM, and had all kinds of difficulty getting it to upgrade.

I probably could have sorted it, but it would have taken a lot of time, which I didn't ever seem to have.  I appreciate you dealing with this.

I did the same thing. Problem is, neither of our VMs acts like the current hosting provider. With only FTP access and indirect SQL access, it's significantly harder. The patches went fine, but the upgrade to SMF 2.x would not work. Whenever we want to go down that path, we're going to have to kick the ball to the hosting people.