Author Topic: Dumb CA gun law  (Read 1545 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Dumb CA gun law
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:22:10 PM »
Today I got a taste of CA gun laws.

I'm selling Pmags at a very good price. I got quite a few sales from CA, where "high capacity" magazines are illegal to sell. But...if they are disassembled, then they can be called 'magazine parts", and it's legal for me to sell them and for CA residents to purchase and possess.

It takes all of 30 seconds to dismantle and reassemble a mag.

Dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Dumb CA gun law
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 06:34:28 PM »
Well, you see, while someone is assembling their magazine, it gives an innocent bystander the opportunity to move in and tackle them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »
The Democrats are trying to make the kits illegal as well.  Go figure.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
And people want the "bullet button loophole" closed. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/18/leland-yee-bullet-button_n_2324079.html

Sen. Leland Yee, a San Francisco Democrat, said Monday that he will try again to close the so-called "bullet button" loophole in the state's assault weapons ban, which allows manufacturers to sell weapons with magazines that can be replaced quickly using a simple button.

Yee said he is also exploring legislation on everything from background checks to gun storage.

If you don't know what a bullet button is, CA law states the magazine has to be fixed.  The bullet button replaces the regular magazine release and you can no longer just push a button to release the magazine, you need to use a tool to do it.  You have to stick something like the tip of a bullet or a small metal rod through a hole to release the magazine. 

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 12:15:15 AM »
...and anything bigger than a 10 rounder automagically converts your formerly legal semi-auto rifle to one of those EEEEEEEEVVVVVIIILLLL shoots-through-multiple-schools-full-of-ballistic-gelatin ASSAULT RIFLES.... So, bullet button + 10 rounders, still ok so far.  Anything bigger, prepare to meet Bubba the Booty Bandit in prison.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
To pull a quote from calguns;

"If a gun... ANY centerfire semiautomatic rifle or any semiautomatic pistol (including rimfire)... has a fixed magazine, it can not have a capacity greater than 10.

If a gun... ANY gun, has a detachable magazine and is otherwise legal in that condition... it may have a capacity of a billion rounds.

On the AR, in it's "standard" configuration, it must have a BB to be legal, so it would be a fixed magazine and limited to 10 rounds.

If it is featureless... Monsterman grip or other pistol grip alternative, no flash hider, fixed buttstock, etc... then it does not need a BB, and thus, can use high caps. "

Flowchart for if your rifle is legal, http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

I hate being stationed here.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 03:52:07 PM »
IF IT SAVES JUST ONE LIFE!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
Dumb CA gun law, but then, I repeat myself.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
I hate being stationed here.

2 months, 11 days

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
Ca sure has changed. When I was stationed there from 1981-1990, it was Gun Central. They had awesome gun shows and you could go shooting just about anywhere.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »
A few years ago I got confronted by an angry mountain biker while I was shooting in an old gravel pit in a state demonstration forest.  He refused to accept that I had not put up the large, weathered wooden sign that said "Shoot only in a safe direction".  When I told him he should call the sheriff's department or State Parks and ask them he got even more agitated and left.  I know plenty of gun owners who do not advertise the fact that they like to shoot because this place can be very un gun friendly.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »
Weak argument + getting called out on your BS = Anger.

When I was a surveyor for the power company, people would ask me questions about my work all the time.  Most interactions, even those when I was in someone's driveway or front lawn, were very friendly.  Yet, the most negative conversations I ever had were while I was standing on a public road or sidewalk, in broad daylight, because in those cases I refused to present my personal ID.  I would show them my company ID, answer every question they had, but if they wanted to see my drivers license or whatnot, sorry bub, no can do.  Instant meltdown.  But seriously, if I'm not required to show my ID to a cop, then why in the world would I show it to some random dude on the street?

Interestingly, not once did a threat to call the cops result in a cop showing up.  I cataloged over 14,000 pieces of electrical equipment in nine months, and only had the cops show up four times, and in those cases I never spoke to the person who called them.  All but once the cops never even got out of their cruisers; they just said hello, confirmed what I was doing, and left.

So anyway, yes, that biker had nothing to go on but emotion, and he was perfectly willing to show you.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!