Author Topic: Man declared dead 'wakes up moments before autopsy'  (Read 4349 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Man declared dead 'wakes up moments before autopsy'
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:58:07 PM »
https://www.indy100.com/article/himanshu-bharadwaj-india-man-declared-dead-pulse-detected-morgue-car-crash-8241791

The man was declared brain dead and upon his arrival at Chhindwara hospital his respiration was dysfunctional and the pulse was also missing. However, his respiratory organs began responding this morning.

At times, in brain-dead patients, the heart and the respiratory system stop functioning transiently, which seems to be the case here. Himanshu is still brain dead. Thus, we have referred him to Nagpur due to lack of sufficient facilities locally.
Okay, so maybe "wakes up" is a bit of an exaggeration.  He is still brain dead.  He just started breathing again.  I thought it was interesting though. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Man declared dead 'wakes up moments before autopsy'
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 04:13:14 PM »
Every time I see a story like this my first thought is "which 3rd world hell hole did it happen in".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
Every time I see a story like this my first thought is "which 3rd world hell hole did it happen in".
Washington D.C.? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 06:48:20 PM »
I knew and shared beers and war stories with a guy this happened to. He was struck by lightning. Pronounced dead in the ER -- they put him on a gurney and he woke up in the hall, with a sheet over his face, listening to people talking about taking his body to the morgue. At that point he still couldn't move his arms or legs, but he could breathe, so he started blowing on the sheet as hard as he could, and somebody finally noticed the sheet moving. He eventually made a fairly complete recovery and became a motivational speaker.

He wrote a book, which was made into a movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmrvZI7C-r8
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »
His pulse was 'missing'?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 08:04:58 PM »
I knew and shared beers and war stories with a guy this happened to. He was struck by lightning. Pronounced dead in the ER -- they put him on a gurney and he woke up in the hall, with a sheet over his face, listening to people talking about taking his body to the morgue. At that point he still couldn't move his arms or legs, but he could breathe, so he started blowing on the sheet as hard as he could, and somebody finally noticed the sheet moving. He eventually made a fairly complete recovery and became a motivational speaker.

He wrote a book, which was made into a movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmrvZI7C-r8

Seems purty spry for a dead fella....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:21:04 PM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
Washington D.C.? 

That would match well with wasting money on brain dead people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 07:26:39 AM »
"He is still brain dead.  He just started breathing again.  I thought it was interesting though."

HOLY CREEPING CRAP! SUBJECT ZERO IN THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
"He is still brain dead.  He just started breathing again.  .......

So....now he's a democrat .....  >:D [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 11:27:06 AM »

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »
So if legally dead but wake up later....can you collect your life insurance?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.