Author Topic: Madeleine Albright Not Even Liberal Enough  (Read 1087 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Madeleine Albright Not Even Liberal Enough
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »
The article in The Student Life described Albright as a “white feminist and repeated genocide enabler” because she supported military intervention in the Balkans as secretary of state and did not do more to stop genocide in Rwanda during her time at the UN.

This seemed impossibly contradictory to me, so I followed the links to the article in question. The author really does slam Albright for failing to intervene in the Rwandan genocide, and in the very next paragraph, slams her for wanting to intervene to stop genocide in Bosnia. She even brings up the possibility that Albright was "learning from her mistakes," but dismisses that out of hand. Instead, she implies (but loftily declines to imply) that race was the factor. Oh, and get this:

Albright advocated for military intervention in the Balkans—which is a nice way of saying she wanted to bomb former Yugoslavia until the killings stopped. What’s the best way to ending genocide? Bombs, apparently.

http://tsl.news/opinions/5605/

She also calls Albright a war criminal, but never says why.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »
The Onion, at its best, could never make up stuff this rich.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 08:11:50 AM »
I don't know about her white feminism, but she certainly is quite the little genocidal freak.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"