Main Forums > The Roundtable

Paper or Plastic ?

(1/4) > >>

Guest:
Paper -

I can get more groceries into one bag, bread and such less likley to get "smushed" . Paper stays upright and don't scatter all over the truck....less trips in carrying in the groceries.

Glass or Plastic bottles ?

Glass tastes better, can be sterilized if need for re-use, make great  rolling pins, hand held weapons, works better for Roman Candles and ....err...other pyrotechnics.

jamz:
Paper or Plastic

Whatever I'm running low on.  The paper bags get used as recycling bags, the plastic bags get used as trash bags.

Glass or Plastic Bolltes:

Either, but I like plastic ones because you can fill them full of piping hot water and put them in bed at your feet in the wintertime.

Love, James

tarrigoni:
re bags:

I tell the checkout kid to use whatever is easiest for them..  on the self checkout lanes, the only option is plastic.  so that's that.

I don't really care with regards to glass or plastic.

Wingshooter:
Actually I try to use canvas bags as often as I can.  At the store I shop at I can use one of those scanner guns that tabulates your groceries as you shop and I just throw them into the bags.  When I'm done I just scan the card and pay.  I like them because they stand up life paper but have handles like plastic, but last longer than both.

No preference for bottles.

onions!:
Glass & paper.Plastic bags have about a 5lb weight capacity then the contents are on the ground.
Beer has to be bottled in glass.Root beer too.
Pop is easier to dink & drive w/plastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version