Author Topic: McD's perpetual meal  (Read 5102 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
McD's perpetual meal
« on: March 26, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1258913/Happy-1st-birthday-Mother-keeps-McDonalds-Happy-Meal-year--gone-off.html#ixzz0ifgTyXBB

LOL. The army should issue Happy Meals instead of MREs. With a Ronald McDonald hand grenade included.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

taurusowner

Re: McD's perpetual meal
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »
Except McDonald's is essentially shiat flavored shiat.  At least MRE Chicken with Salsa and Chicken Enchilada taste good.  No seriously, they really do taste good.  Of course, they keep you from defecating for about 36 hours, but they do indeed taste alright.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »
Of course, they keep you from defecating for about 36 hours, but they do indeed taste alright.

McDonalds has the solution for that ... Anything on their menu.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:33:31 AM »
I'm calling bs on this one. I've personally seen moldy hamburger buns from McD's. That's just another of the many reasons I quit eating their food nearly 2 years ago. Maybe the UK allows higher levels of preservatives than we do in the US. Of course it could be that the it tastes like the rest of the food made over there (meaning it's so nasty even the flies won't touch it).

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
I'm calling bs on this one. I've personally seen moldy hamburger buns from McD's. That's just another of the many reasons I quit eating their food nearly 2 years ago. Maybe the UK allows higher levels of preservatives than we do in the US. Of course it could be that the it tastes like the rest of the food made over there (meaning it's so nasty even the flies won't touch it).

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe if she FROZE IT for a year, it might look like that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 08:54:39 AM »

Read the article, the Nutritionist blogger who the article is about is out of Denver.  The article is written in the UK.

I have no love of fast food, but I am a free-market-er.  Don't want to eat fatty preservative filled crap? Then don't.  Nobody is forcing us to eat it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »
Just wait until fast food burger joints start touting use of "all natural" beef . . . in this context, it will mean they use cattle that died of natural causes.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 09:35:52 AM »
My thoughts exactly.

Maybe if she FROZE IT for a year, it might look like that.

Yeah. I think this is another case of a liar with an agenda.

McDonald's food not as nutritionally wholesome as greenie organic? Sure, I can buy that. Doesn't decay or attract insects? Bullsh**t.

The Daily Maily by the way has roughly the credibility of the National Enquirer, so it could be an entirely made up story.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 10:57:18 AM »
I happen to like McDs double cheeseburger.  A good bang for a buck.  I don't eat them all the time but when I need a quick bite, they do the trick.....Of course, I am a garbage gut.  There is not much I don't like....C rats limas and ham....yum.....chris3

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »
I remember working briefly at a mcdonalds.  Have you ever smelled the dumpster there before it is emptied?  You can't tell me that food don't rot and attract bugs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »
Someone just trying to get their 3 minutes of McFame.

"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
But she added that during the year-long experiment, no flies or other insects were attracted to the food.

Flies will swarm a pile of sh!t but not a happy meal from McDonalds?  ???
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
Yeah. I think this is another case of a liar with an agenda.

McDonald's food not as nutritionally wholesome as greenie organic? Sure, I can buy that. Doesn't decay or attract insects? Bullsh**t.

The Daily Maily by the way has roughly the credibility of the National Enquirer, so it could be an entirely made up story.
I can't find where I read it, but I saw this a few days ago, and it was not on the Daily Mail. I guess they got it from there, who in turn got it from the original source, who I assume is lying through her teeth. I once left some fries and a half-eaten burger from McDonald's on my kitchen table overnight, and they looked rather unappetizing just a few hours after. I obviously threw it away, but I'm sure they would've continued to rot away had I left them there.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 04:26:46 PM »
it's December 31 2009 at 11:58PM look at this happy meal, now look at it at January 1 2010 at 12:01AM? [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
My wife is taking a course on nutrition for tots right now (preschool teacher), and her instructor showed her a McD's burger she had personally kept for a year.  Same story.

Of course, both women could be lying.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »
And just for Fistful:

McD's =  [barf]
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »
My wife is taking a course on nutrition for tots right now (preschool teacher), and her instructor showed her a McD's burger she had personally kept for a year.  Same story.

Of course, both women could be lying.

Or it could be the same woman.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
We don't live that close to Denver.  St. Louis, more like. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »
I think it depends on the environment.  I did a clean up job on a duplex my Dad owned after an eviction getting out all the big stuff and furniture so that a detail cleaning crew could get in there.  I found several home cooked hamburgers complete with bun in the shed that I did not know the age of, but were perfectly preserved.  Very dried out, but completely intact.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »
McDonald's food not as nutritionally wholesome as greenie organic? Sure, I can buy that.

If made from the same general components, organic food has not been shown to have any more nutrients than non-organic.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »
The station dog is a garbage gut and he won't eat McDonalds french fries, put a regular fry in front of him and he'll scarf it down. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 09:57:27 PM »
Makes you wonder what is in that "vegetable" oil they cook the fries in.   =|
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »
If made from the same general components, organic food has not been shown to have any more nutrients than non-organic.

It probably has LESS of what are technically "nutrients" as non organic food is  often loaded with extra vitamins, etc. My point wasn't to disparage non organic food.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »
i started to post a nutter pen&teller vid, i tink imma post some lucy insteed. [popcorn] the BS is called organic food if you want to look for it, i think i might have already posted it here. [tinfoil] oh and organic food, is BS. =D

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »
Anyone remember the "documentary" Supersize me
On the dvd version of it, in the extras, they did a similar test.
They simply took a hamburger and fries from the local greasy spoon and placed it under a glass cake lid.
They did this for McD 1/4pounder, fries and fish sandwich.
And at room temp just monitored it over several months. The clip showed that the greasy spoon's food decayed pretty quickly, within a week.  The McDs stuff took about 4 times longer (but DID decay) 
The McDs fries were the one item that after 90days still looked the same.

I can buy that.  However I say so what.
Place them all in a small tub of stomach acids and then lets compare.

I used to love McDs fries before they went to the 0trans fat style oil.  They just don't taste the same.
All the other items on their menu stink. 
I have had the hankering for a McDs meal more than once a year. And each and EVERY time I am left disappointed to the point I wish I could get my money back.
I'll take a Whopper over McDs anyday, sometimes I'm in the mood for a Wendy's double.  And a superSonic dbl beats them both. 
But I still cook the best burger any fast food place can put out.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76