Author Topic: That looks expensive...  (Read 5195 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: That looks expensive...
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »
This thread is going off the tracks.

Don't they all?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »
This thread is going off the tracks.

Don't they all?

At least it's not going off the track.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
Tough crowd. Can't even get my bros to back me up.

I bet she's a blonde.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 10:43:07 PM »
I bet she's a blonde.

Women should wear white, like all of the other kitchen appliances....... =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
I bet she's a blonde.

But did she have more fun? Now that is the question.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 04:53:35 AM »
But did she have more fun? Now that is the question.

Yeah, till she put someone's home out.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »

So, the real problem is that she ran the train into the living room instead of the kitchen  ???

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 08:11:43 PM »
http://youtu.be/otdHbA4GlSI
Im surprised this video hasn't been posted yet
(Crazy Train by Ozzy)
Look, tiny text!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 11:15:10 PM »
Hm. All charges against her has been dropped now, and the company that runs the trains, and the company that owns the tracks (I think...) has said they're deeply sorry and that they'll do everything they can to restore her "honor and credibility". Curious...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
Hm. All charges against her has been dropped now, and the company that runs the trains, and the company that owns the tracks (I think...) has said they're deeply sorry and that they'll do everything they can to restore her "honor and credibility". Curious...

So... the train took off with her aboard but she had nothing to do with it?  ???
I promise not to duck.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 11:51:04 PM »
Nothing is known yet, but there is some speculation as to how, in which she had something to do with it, although only by accident, made possible by some spectacularly bad decisions made by others...
1: the guy who is responsible for bringing the train to and from maintenance (or something, I'm not entirely sure about job responsibilites in rail yards) left the keys in, engine running, and emergency brakes disconnected/non-functioning.
2: Dead man's grip disconnected for some reason (confirmed by investigators)
3: cleaner accidentally hits switch/button/lever that starts the train, does not realize this until too late. Maybe she thought the guy mentioned in (1) had started the train.

I got to ad that I feel incredibly sorry for her. Just two months in on a badly paid job, and she get seriously injured because of laziness/complacency/comfort. =|
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:21:04 AM by Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
Nothing is known yet, but there is some speculation as to how, in which she had something to do with it, although only by accident, made possible by some spectacularly bad decisions made by others...
1: the guy who is responsible for bringing the train to and from maintenance (or something, I'm not entirely sure about job responsibilites in rail yards) left the keys in, engine running, and emergency brakes disconnected/non-functioning.
3: cleaner accidentally hits switch/button/lever that starts the train, does not realize this until too late. Maybe she thought the guy mentioned in (1) had started the train.

I got to ad that I feel incredibly sorry for her. Just two months in on a badly paid job, and she get seriously injured because of laziness/complacency/comfort. =|

It's not uncommon on a new job for things to not go well at first.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 03:36:49 AM »
Thought I should update this thread: the young lady who was initially suspected of having stolen the train and who got injured in the crash is now considering changing her career...she wants to be a - drumroll - train driver :laugh:. The company operating that line offered her a job doing that if she gets through school for it, so good for her =).

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 03:44:55 AM »
Thought I should update this thread: the young lady who was initially suspected of having stolen the train and who got injured in the crash is now considering changing her career...she wants to be a - drumroll - train driver :laugh:. The company operating that line offered her a job doing that if she gets through school for it, so good for her =).
Wait...what?!?  :O
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 06:59:46 AM »
But she'll have more experience than any other graduate.

stay safe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »
Anyone see the newest Dox Equis commercial?

"He once parallel parked a train. He's the most interesting man in the world..."

Maybe she can aspire to that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 09:58:55 AM »

#2 is enough to throw the company under the er, train. Dead man's grip being disconnected should not happen outside of the maintenance area. IF it is broken, it needs to be going directly to nearest maintenance area under direct supervision of qualified personnel at all times.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
#2 is enough to throw the company under the er, train. Dead man's grip being disconnected should not happen outside of the maintenance area. IF it is broken, it needs to be going directly to nearest maintenance area under direct supervision of qualified personnel at all times.
I'm not sure why it was disconnected, but I guess the investigation will reveal this at some point. I hope she got a bit of money for her suffering and injuries and also the slander...

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »
I'm not sure why it was disconnected, but I guess the investigation will reveal this at some point. I hope she got a bit of money for her suffering and injuries and also the slander...

How much from fistful?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »

That's gonna hurt! =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G