Author Topic: Good News for Cali Gun Owners  (Read 1721 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Good News for Cali Gun Owners
« on: April 23, 2020, 08:53:08 PM »
A judge has apparently overturned the ammo regs. Good for you guys!  =)

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/california-news/judge-tosses-calif-ammunition-purchase-law/amp/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Good News for Cali Gun Owners
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 09:55:39 PM »
I suspect that, much like the magazine ruling, it will stand for a few days and then be put on hold while the matter is appealed.  So any Cali residents who want ammo, better buy it RFN.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 02:45:19 AM »
If you guys are ordering ammo you should consider ordering from one of the two vendors who had a huge impact on funding this lawsuit.

Ammunition Depot
Ables Ammo

Personally I called them both today and thanked them for their support of the 2A and ordered a case of 556 from each of them.

Here’s their website banner welcoming us back to normalcy

Just a thought. Support those who support us.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1607006&page=11
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 02:52:35 AM »
“Presently, California and many other states sit in isolation under pandemic-inspired stay-at-home orders. Schools, parks, beaches, and countless non-essential businesses are closed. Courts are limping by while police make arrests for only the more serious crimes. Maintaining Second Amendment rights are especially important in times like these. Keeping vigilant is necessary in both bad times and good, for if we let these rights lapse in the good times, they might never be recovered in time to resist the next appearance of criminals, terrorists, or tyrants.“

The (very) Honorable Judge Benitez
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 10:39:02 AM »
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1607006&page=11
That is good information to know.  I get emails from Ammunition Depot all the time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 01:26:35 PM »
That didn't take long. The California attorney general appealed to the 9th Circuit Court, and the circuit court issued an emergency order putting the injunction on hold. Californians are back to needing background checks until further notice.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/firearmspolicycoalition/pages/5614/attachments/original/1587793502/2020-4-24-ca9-order-granting-stay.pdf?1587793502
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »
That didn't take long. The California attorney general appealed to the 9th Circuit Court, and the circuit court issued an emergency order putting the injunction on hold. Californians are back to needing background checks until further notice.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/firearmspolicycoalition/pages/5614/attachments/original/1587793502/2020-4-24-ca9-order-granting-stay.pdf?1587793502

what freaking jackals!
  it could be a very stupid move, depending on the outcome of NYRPA V NY.
I would have bet they waited for the scotus decision

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 04:21:15 PM »
I'm impressed by how quickly the 9th Circuit can act, when they really want to.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 04:29:44 PM »
I'm impressed by how quickly the 9th Circuit can act, when they really want to.

I really hope Trump can turn that court around, or at least make it 50/50, before 2024. I seem to recall reading that he has already made headway in that direction.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."