Author Topic: Great Shiva! There's a crisis!  (Read 2251 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
Great Shiva! There's a crisis!
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »
Your president just told me. Imagine that. He sounds absolutely breathless with this news. But I thought we were all to have <hope>. You know: for <change>.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Great Shiva! There's a crisis!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:06:08 PM »
"Your President"?

=D

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »

Eh..  Politicians...  Not so sharp on the uptake.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:35:03 PM »
The CEO of my company and I talked about the "crisis" for a few moments this weekend while bowling.  He asked me what I thought, and I said, "It's doom and destruction all over the news... but I'm not seeing it personally."  Same thing with him.  All of his business contacts are making good money, nobody's going out of business, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I see the same numbers as everybody else, and there is something going on out there, but it's not terribly affecting people that actually produce services and good worth what they're charging for them.

Funny thing about capitalism... it works and it's self correcting.  Unless the government tries to "fix" it.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 08:30:55 AM »
I shoot on Monday nights so I watched a rebroadcast of the press conference last night.

Obama is painful to listen to off the teleprompter. Press person would ask a question. Obama seemed to start out with a blank stare, then the word "um" then a sound bite type quote then a few more "ums" "crisis" "um um" "bipartisan" "um" "um", etc.

I called my wife in the room and said we could make a drinking game out of this, every time President Obama says "um" you have to take a drink. She said we would be drunk in 10 minutes.

I could tell when he was coached for a certain type of question, a lot less ums and more complete sentences without pausing.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
During the campaign, Obama reminded me of Chavez:  ambition and charisma mixed with dangerous policies and beliefs.  Since taking office, that's resemblance has only gotten worse.  He needs a crisis and enemies as that is what his style and personality demand. 

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »
Wonder how a reporter got pre-selected to ask a question? Did they have to pre-submit the question to ask for approval? Guess he's not too keen on out of the blue questions.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »
Wonder how a reporter got pre-selected to ask a question? Did they have to pre-submit the question to ask for approval? Guess he's not too keen on out of the blue questions.

Ed Schultz was in the front row right next to Helen Thomas.

Someone's definitely pressing the button on the roulette wheel, here...

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 02:58:34 PM »
Crisis?

Eh, it's fear doom and gloom creating a self fulfilling prophecy at this point.  Scare the *expletive deleted*it out of everyone, people horde what they have, and the end result is predictable.

I still contend most countries would kill from our unemployment rates.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »
Eh, it's fear doom and gloom creating a self fulfilling prophecy at this point.  Scare the *expletive deleted*it out of everyone, people horde what they have, and the end result is predictable.

Yup. We are so screwed it's a wonder we're not dizzy.

Stand by for heavy weather.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »
I'm getting dizzy at this rate  =D
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.