Main Forums > Politics

ABC David Brooks on Palin & her fans: "Frankly, it's trailer trash" & "wacko"

(1/5) > >>

wacki:
Check out ABC's This Week:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek

Click on "WATCH: The Roundtable: Palin Post Convention"

Fast forward to -7:12 to see David Brooks calling us trailer trash.  In David Brooks defense he seems to be quoting emails.  However, David Brooks has an op-ed in The New York Times which states the same:

--- Quote ---And, of course, the whole thing became enmeshed in the clichés of red-blue: the supposed conflict between the condescending media elites and the gun-owning trailer trash, between abortion-rights urban women with one kid and anti-abortion rural women with five.
At this point he can no longer hide behind anonymous emails.

NYT article syndicated by Speigel:
DAVID BROOKS A Glimpse of the New 09/05/2008

Question:  Anyone know what word David Brooks uses before "wacko"?  I have a difficult time hearing it.

Standing Wolf:
I'm so glad to have been put in my proper place by my social betters.

MicroBalrog:
You don't want to know how the Israeli media describe Palin. You seriously don't.

wacki:

--- Quote from: MicroBalrog on September 08, 2008, 12:22:16 AM ---You don't want to know how the Israeli media describe Palin. You seriously don't.

Actually, I do.  I would have thought they would be pro-palin given Obama's history.  I guess my intuition is wrong...

MicroBalrog:

--- Quote from: wacki on September 08, 2008, 12:42:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: MicroBalrog on September 08, 2008, 12:22:16 AM ---You don't want to know how the Israeli media describe Palin. You seriously don't.

Actually, I do.

Okay. From today's paper:

"The choice of the ultra-conservative Sara Palin as the VP has given the religious conservative wing of the party reason to mobilize, as expressed in their enthusiasm at the convention. Her combative, cynical, maddening speech, in which she called the Republican Right to stand in the battle for the Faith, the Flag, and Morality against the hated 'liberal heretics'..."

"It is in the economic area that the weakness of his choice is shown. Given McCain's lack of knowledge of economics and his reliance of old and failed Republican recipes, the fact that a VP lacking any competence in any of the issues that bother the average American has been chosen cries out to the very Heavens."

"All that while Obama, who is very knowledgeable in this field,already holds the advantage over McCain in the economic field."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version