Author Topic: Who has a favorite piece of clothing?  (Read 2315 times)

mgdavis

• friend
Who has a favorite piece of clothing?
« on: January 04, 2007, 09:34:48 AM »
You know the one, it gets worn more than anything else in your closet. Your wife/girlfriend is sick of it. You dread the day it wears out, maybe you plan on getting a second one to fall back on.
Right now mine is a Moose Creek fleece-lined shirt/jacket that gets worn just about every day. It is a perfect weight for the weather we've been having, and it nicely covers my full-sized 1911. My girlfriend wants to buy me another one in a different color so she doesn't have to see me wearing the same thing every day. I also have a pair of Vasque hiking boots that I bought four or five years ago and wear just about every day. They have broken in to the point that they feel like tennis shoes, only more comfortable.

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Who has a favorite piece of clothing?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »
I have a baseball cap that I really love. Of course it would have to be the most worn out, ratty, and sweat stained one I own. It's very comfortable. Several years of wearing it have perfectly molded it to my lumpy noggin. I still wear it because I don't want to have to start wearing a new baseball cap for several years to get it to fit my head in the same comfortable way.
Andy

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 09:58:35 AM »
I have an old eddie bauer sweatshirt that I bought 7 years ago and I still wear it at least once a week to work. Its getting threadbare, holes near the seams and my wife always tells me I need to buy a new sweatshirt.

This sweatshirt has been stolen back from friends and ex girlfriends in the past. I'm not ready to retire it yet.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »
A ratty old 3X gym shirt.  Hangs off me like a dress but comfy as all get-out.  It's my putter-around-the-house shirt.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

crt360

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:10:02 AM »
I've had plenty in the past, but right now I'd have to go with a pair of baggy cargo shorts.  After wearing a suit all day, they may make me look like some kind of Eas' side gangsta punk, but they're comfy as hell, super durable, and have plenty of room for tools, knives, flashlights, spare mags, snacks, etc.
For entertainment purposes only.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:37:04 PM »
I wear a pre-agreement Smith & Wesson model 629 .44 magnum revolver with a three-inch barrel quite frequently.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »
but they're comfy as hell, super durable, and have plenty of room for tools, knives, flashlights, spare mags, snacks, etc

"You will now consume sandwiches from my compartment."

I have a gray half-zip fleece pullover that I wear during fall/winter/spring.  I don't know how it became my favorite.  It also conceals a full-size 1911 quite well.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Lee

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 06:29:49 PM »
Well...I just bought a Columbia fleece shirt/jacket that I might still be wearing in July.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 07:20:49 PM »
Corcoran jump boots.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 07:41:05 PM »
I haven't found The One yet (pants suck, shirt-shirts are adequate, overshirts are meh), but I have a particular affinity for my current Virginia Tech hoodie. It's a medium brown, with darker brown lettering on the front and I love how it says what it needs to say, but without being obnoxious, y'know?

I want 5.11 to make a tactical pullover hoodie with pockets and stuff.

In fact, they might, so I'ma go check.

~GnSx

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »
That'd be my desert boots. The wife hates 'em, but I love 'em. They've only got a few more miles in 'em, though.  sad
D. R. ZINN

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 03:03:39 AM »
Huh? I'm so unhip.  Sad
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 04:08:28 AM »
I wear a pre-agreement Smith & Wesson model 629 .44 magnum revolver with a three-inch barrel quite frequently.

And it always goes so well with your shoes! rolleyes
Experiment with a chemist!

crt360

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 04:17:33 AM »
Huh? I'm so unhip.  Sad

Wasn't that from Futurama?

Well...I just bought a Columbia fleece shirt/jacket that I might still be wearing in July.

I really like those, too.  I just bought another one the other day in case my regular one wears out.
For entertainment purposes only.

Ron

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 07:09:47 AM »
The "Smartwool" tee I bought for hiking is on a heavy rotation right now. If they weren't so expensive I would pick up a couple more.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 07:33:19 AM »
I have two identical University of Virginia hooded sweatshirts that I rotate between for a little variety. rolleyes
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 07:41:39 AM »
Two actually, both from the same era of my life.

1. A now rather ratty looking tee-shirt, white cotton.  Silk screened on the face in bright red is the phrase "Go ahead, bleed all you want. We'll make more. " surrounded by a bright red border.  Comes from the very early days of my time in the Bloodmines of Boulder, reference to the recombinant human Hb we were working on.

2. A black lightweight cotton tee (think concert tee), silk screened on the face is the image of a skeleton in a trench coat, riding the recoil of a big 'ol revolver and laughing maniacally.  Logo reads " Don't get mad, get even."
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »
I have a problem with my wife wanting to sleep in all my old t-shirts, the ones that I am trying to make last as long as possible, and she's wearing them out.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 09:31:46 AM »
I think my favorite piece of clothing I don't own is a T-shirt my brother has. It's a drab dark-khaki color, and silkscreened on the front is a little picture of a tank, with the phrase "you very much" underneath.

Cheesy

~GnSx

glockfan.45

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »
I love that show. I have an old adidas hoodie that is just too comfortable to let die. Coupled with a 10 year old pair of levis = me loafing aroud all weekend.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Twycross

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 03:39:43 PM »
Favorite article of clothing? That would be a tossup between my 'Molon Labe' cap and my Irish Setter boots.