Author Topic: Bank of America fires McMillan Group  (Read 4416 times)

Waitone

• friend
Bank of America fires McMillan Group
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »
Seems Bank of America made another decidedly gun unfriendly move.  McMillan Group (as in firearms, stocks, etc) has been fired as a customer by Bank of America.  Seems firearms offends the bank's (political) sensibilities.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/breaking-bank-of-america-reportedly-drops-gun-company-for-political-reasons/

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Bank of America fires McMillan Group
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »
Well, that makes me happy that I no longer do business with them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »
If true I may have to remove my business from BoA.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:20:48 AM »
Canceling our one BoA card now.

Mostly symbolic because we haven't used it in five years.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 01:11:46 AM »
BoA: the Comcast of banking institutions.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »
Is B of A even solvent???  Seems to me they should be happy with any customers.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 01:35:10 AM »
Is B of A even solvent???  Seems to me they should be happy with any customers.

I have no idea if they are actually solvent or just propped up a while like Dick Clark.

I know they have seemed to have quite the talent for not understanding what the words "customer service" mean for several years, and there is a thread or two on this very site that attest to that fact.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Waitone

• friend
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »
Well, I'm going to pay 'em off, cancel my card, and send an e-mail telling them why.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »
I miss Gale
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »
Same here, his stuff on TFL was always worth a read.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »
BoA bought my mortgage.  Wonder how I can go about getting that changed.  Only have had my mortgage for just over two years.  Need to see what it would take to refinance and if it saves me any money and move it.  Not a fan of BoA and only a "customer" my default.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!