Author Topic: Anger Erupts: Westboro Not Welcomed  (Read 11106 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Anger Erupts: Westboro Not Welcomed
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »
The WBC is an inbred family of lawyers- lawyers cut from the same crap stained cloth as the Rainbow Coalition and the ACLU.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »

They say that the veneer of civilization is paper-thin. The WBCs aren't going to fare very well if that veneer gets so much as a scratch.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 06:00:50 AM »
I don't think the WBC are quite what you'd call 'civilized', themselves.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »
I'm in Raleigh Co, WV, home of the mine accident. Rumor I heard: wbc (no caps! for their crap!) Was at Virginia Tech. 3 adults, 3 kids, 300 counter-protesters. Supposedly were to stop in Raleigh Co. Saw the "counter-protestors" and decided to keep rolling.

They reportedly stopped at a convenience store before leaving the state. No cops, no press, but supposedly a pretty good asswhoopin' on facebook. I dunno, didn't search.

I do have it on good authority that "He needed killin'." is an arguable defense in southern WV. And yes there are lots of abondened mines, caves, sinkholes in WV.

But ya' just gotta know they'll burn in hell. Theological version of "under color of authority" or some such.

Stay safe.
Bob

PS: No media coverage here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:31:35 PM by Bob F. »
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 07:02:13 PM »
The WBC is an inbred family of lawyers- lawyers cut from the same crap stained cloth as the Rainbow Coalition and the ACLU.

Really?  I'm not seeing a common thread, besides they all use lawsuits to further an agenda.

WBC is about the idea that their deity hates homosexuality, Jews, communism, atheism, other religions and ideologies...a whole giant list of things, and they feel it is their duty to let people know that their god hates all of those people so much that he creates tragedy to punish everyone else for allowing those people and behaviors to exist.  They target funerals because the outrage helps get their message picked up by the media.

So I think their motivations and methodology is different enough to group the organizations in a seperate class.

----

There isn't any way to combat people like WBC.  You just have to ignore them and hope they either fade away, or do something legally stupid and get have their organization wiped out...maybe tax fraud.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:38 PM »
Perhaps misspoke: I said no media coverage. Sholud say none that I know of. I've only heard the one rumor, then this thread w/ link to the Wheeling Rag.

However, good reputable source informed me tonight that wbc did indeed stop at the mine site, or, more likely, the school where the press & news conferences, etc were going on. One punch was landed and wbc moved on. No word on if any charges. Chances are pretty good troopers either saw nothing or took one into custody, told phelps to leave and be glad he'd escaped, then bought the sluggeer a steak.

Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »
mellestad:

They both (WBC, ACLU) hate America as it is, its founding principles,  and want it remade to their specifications.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 10:03:59 PM »
If a member of the wbc was assaulted they will as fast as they can file suit against the state for failing to protect their rights. If they can ID who attacked them they will also be sued. It i also liekly that any and all police depts., city, county and state in the jurisdiction where the alleged attack took placed will also be sued. That is how they make their money.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 10:27:30 PM »
If a member of the wbc was assaulted they will as fast as they can file suit against the state for failing to protect their rights. If they can ID who attacked them they will also be sued. It i also liekly that any and all police depts., city, county and state in the jurisdiction where the alleged attack took placed will also be sued. That is how they make their money.

I think they would have a pretty hard time suing the police for "failing to protect." The Supreme Court already ruled that the police have no obligation to do so.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
mellestad:

They both (WBC, ACLU) hate America as it is, its founding principles,  and want it remade to their specifications.

Oh, right, I forgot  :P

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 11:52:31 PM »
"America as it is" is a pretty broad descriptor.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 12:11:16 AM »
"America as it is" is a pretty broad descriptor.

That's OK.  The ACLU is ambitious.   =)

As for the WBC, I really doubt they want to remake America.  They just enjoy the attention. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 09:22:08 AM »
I think they would have a pretty hard time suing the police for "failing to protect." The Supreme Court already ruled that the police have no obligation to do so.

I know about that part but when they throw civil rights into the mix it has gotten them enough money to fund their crap for quite a big chunk of change so far. Of course I don't think it's right or proper but they've been doing it for years and getting paid for it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams